Home

The Extra Point Show and The Halftime Show at E-3 the Final Build?

This is a discussion on The Extra Point Show and The Halftime Show at E-3 the Final Build? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2009, 12:43 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: The Extra Point Show and The Halftime Show at E-3 the Final Build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HennessyROB
Has EA Sports ever done anything like add commentary via DLC???
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
No. Some people prefer to live in dream land when it comes to EA football games. Last year's patches didn't really add anything of value, and there was no DLC. I wouldn't expect things to be much different this year.
Have they ever been this interactive with the community? Has there ever been an Online franchise implemented before this year in Madden? Has there ever been a teambuilder for NCAA before? No there has not so think about that before you show your fanboyism...

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 06-11-2009, 12:48 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_c993
Have they ever been this interactive with the community? Has there ever been an Online franchise implemented before this year in Madden? Has there ever been a teambuilder for NCAA before? No there has not so think about that before you show your fanboyism...
Teambuilder?, No but they did have create a school. Online Franchise?m No, but they had franchise uploads and onlineleagues which bear more resemblance to their "Online Franchise" than the actual "True Online Franchise" that was wanted by most people. Interaction with the community? Now that I fully support and I think it has had great results. So there really is no reason to get upset and start calling people fanboys.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 24

Al and John were okay, but they still didn't "mesh" smoothly.
Also, Al showed hardly any emotion:
"And it's a touchdown. John, a perfect pass, and a great catch."

I still say ditch real life people, and go with fictional characters, using actors who show real emotion and flow with each other. Yes, it's Madden, but IMHO, that doesn't mean we NEED real life commentators. All we need is people who show real emotions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2009, 01:05 PM   #52

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echopax
The half-time show's, and post game show's for that matter, biggest problem is the camera angles that they decided to use for the highlights.

Just give us a broadcast angle at 100% realtime speed like 2k5. It makes it much more authentic and we can see the whole field.

Also, I laughed when the announcer chick simply said "Here's the highlights. Enjoy". I could just imagine Chris Berman doing that on NFL live and the entire nation going, "wtf?!".

But, terrible commentating aside, just give us broadcast angles for the highlights.
The worst part is when Tom Hammonds sends it over to her "for this brief halftime break"

If the idea is to have as little as possible there reminding us that we're playing a video game, then this type of writing has got to go.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:32 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Teambuilder?, No but they did have create a school. Online Franchise?m No, but they had franchise uploads and onlineleagues which bear more resemblance to their "Online Franchise" than the actual "True Online Franchise" that was wanted by most people. Interaction with the community? Now that I fully support and I think it has had great results. So there really is no reason to get upset and start calling people fanboys.
Fanboy was not the word I was looking for it was more along the lines of EA bashers...yes online franchise isn't fully what we were expecting but hey we got it and the salary cap etc. they have already said could be implemented in a patch. Team builder is a lot more that create a school...

Old 06-11-2009, 03:06 PM   #54
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
So far in just this thread you have said "be thankful that we have a halftime show" or something to that effect, which is like if the Titans had the wrong uniforms in the game, would you tell me to be thankful they have uniforms at all?

Then on to the DLC stuff. Its funny how this stuff get around. They are not going to add commentary to the halftime show, or highlights to the weekly extra point via DLC. You obviously have no clue how ridiculous that sounds bro.

I am so sick of people apologizing for the game and trying to sell DLC as a remedy for issues people have. did you make the game? well stop defensing it like its your lifes work.
Let me make something clear to you. Madden has never had what it have this year in terms of presentation. Uniforms is a completely different story. If a team has the wrong uniforms, the game is not authentic. That cannot be compared to a halftime report. Even if they couldn't add commentary during the Extra Point halftime report or even add highlights during the Extra Point recap show in franchise mode, I'd still be happy as long as the game play is solid. The presentation in Madden looks awesome this year besides the halftime report. I've never seen Madden have a presentation that looks this awesome in my life, so I'm thankful, you don't have to be.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:49 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_c993
Fanboy was not the word I was looking for it was more along the lines of EA bashers...yes online franchise isn't fully what we were expecting but hey we got it and the salary cap etc. they have already said could be implemented in a patch. Team builder is a lot more that create a school...
Remember last year? The patches were used for what??..... REPAIRING WHAT WAS BROKEN!! (or at least PART of what was broken.)

EA is limited to TWO patches, and if their testing isn't substantially better than in previous years, these two patches will only be used to fix what they missed during testing, NOT for adding anything to what we already have. The patch SIZE is also limited.

And let's not even go into the DLC subject, because we were lured into thinking some things would be added last year through DLC, only to have them come here and say "Nope, sorry, not goona' happen" with not one word of explanation as to why. Don't get your hopes up AT ALL when Ian starts talking DLC and what "could" be added later.....they'll have moved onto Madden 11 by then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2009, 04:02 PM   #56
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
Remember last year? The patches were used for what??..... REPAIRING WHAT WAS BROKEN!! (or at least PART of what was broken.)

EA is limited to TWO patches, and if their testing isn't substantially better than in previous years, these two patches will only be used to fix what they missed during testing, NOT for adding anything to what we already have. The patch SIZE is also limited.

And let's not even go into the DLC subject, because we were lured into thinking some things would be added last year through DLC, only to have them come here and say "Nope, sorry, not goona' happen" with not one word of explanation as to why. Don't get your hopes up AT ALL when Ian starts talking DLC and what "could" be added later.....they'll have moved onto Madden 11 by then.
Ya but guess what everyone needs to stop dwelling in the past what happened then is over and done with they have a new dev team that is obviously going to bring nothing but improvement to this franchise...

Ian Cummings is not David Ortiz so stop acting like what has happened in years past will continue to happen things change...and a lot of us OSers need to realize that.

I realize that Nfl 2k5 was an incredible game but it is in the past and we need to look forward and try to help EA surpass the greatness that 2k5 possesed.

but just being pecimistic about the whole thing is the wrong route to take we need to be optimistic towards Maddens future and we can help the process along as we already have seen with the community interaction...

saying," Has Madden ever done this or that? So they won't in the future" will not help anything at all, so why choose to do that? If you want the game to get better be constructive, don't bash and do nothing to help the franchise along...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »