Home

What is Next Gen football in your opinion???

This is a discussion on What is Next Gen football in your opinion??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2009, 06:35 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: What is Next Gen football in your opinion???

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
I ask this simply because after seeing the E3 review, screen shots, and new trailer for Back Breaker makes me reevaluate my thoughts on what can be done on the next gen consoles.

Madden 10 IMO has made HUGE strides since Ian has took the reigns and I already have Madden 10 paid for as well as NCAA 10.

I just want to know what you think next gen football should be and if you think any of the new football games this year make you say....

" Now this is next gen football at its finest! "

For a review of Back Breaker since there is no forum on OS for that game click my signature below and visit my blog.
If im not mistaken you already brought up this topic idea a few month ago. Just find your older thread and post there, it was a pretty big thread.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:10 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 21

1. Next gen football has all current defensive and offensive formations that NFL teams use.

2. Has a play editor and a playbook maker to stick those plays you make in.

3. Has all real world dline/oline calls that make adjustments to what they are facing.

4. Shading and bump coverage that work and mean something to the strategy of the game.

5. Passing that does not allow WR's to go after balls they have no business looking for and defenders not going after balls they should not see.

6. FLUID animations to go with the pretty graphics

7. Momentum and physics play the major part in tackling as well as player ratings

8. Player ratings that SHOW during gameplay. We should be able to almost identify a player by the way he plays without having to see his name.

9. We have HEADSETS, we should have offensive and defensive coordinators chiming in from time to time at crucial moments in the game.

10. Presentation should be like looking at a sunday night game, monday night game, sunday evening game with proper pre-game, half time and post game shows.

11. Balanced glitch free football.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #11
Pro Sports Handicapper

bababooey76's Arena

OVR: 14
If all the things that were great about old gen madden had been left in and then started adding new things to enhance it I think next gen would be so much better. Instead it was almost like staring over when next gen started
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2009, 10:52 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim
If im not mistaken you already brought up this topic idea a few month ago. Just find your older thread and post there, it was a pretty big thread.
Never posted this kind of thread before.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 06-11-2009, 11:50 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 25

BEFORE madden 10, i can only say what Next-Gen football is NOT....

And that is a step forward.

M10 has be excited for the 1st time.

BTW....Taking the tackle engine out of the equation for backbreaker, i do not see ANYTHING A-mazing about it. It does provide a nice tech-Demo as to what is possible tho. But as a game, i dont see it being anything groundbreaking. But details have be scarce to say the least.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:02 PM   #14
Rookie

mars85042's Arena

OVR: 10

Next gen football is great graphics mixed with great game play. I believe by now we can have a game that is graphically advanced, correct player models and equipment.

It is CPU players emulating there real life counterparts, Its Peyton Manning's audible that picks your defense apart. Its Tom Brady's precision deep ball, its all around great AI.

It is online gaming at its best, no glitches, no ability to cheat or exploit programming flaws. Its online league stat tracking along with great team communication allowing for all members to truly interact.
For a along time the closest model was 2K5, but for the first time in years I think Madden will surpass that bench mark.

For the first time since 2004 I will put a game in my console and not have to replace it with 2K5 after 10 or 15 games; do to sheer disappointment.

It is a game that provides competitive balance along with fair play and excitement for all, it provides a complete simulation experience.

Last edited by mars85042; 06-11-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:10 PM   #15
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

what do ppl like about the back breaker tackling, to be it look.........like instant oatmeal
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2009, 01:36 PM   #16
Rookie

mars85042's Arena

OVR: 10

[quote=PlyrzNumber1;2039686579]My idea of next gen, besides the obvious graphic updates can be summed up with one word: content.

I'd like each team to have a story, each player to have a pulse. Color commentators to be aware of my franchise history. Different commentators per the prestige of the game.

Basically, I want every game (just as in real life) to feel different. I want every team (just as in real life) to feel different. I want every player (just as in real life) to feel different.

Quote:
I thought all-pro football 2k8 was going in the right direction as the Legends all have noticeable distinctions in their skill set.
+1

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »