Home

Why remove field lines from the playcall screen?

This is a discussion on Why remove field lines from the playcall screen? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2009, 10:15 AM   #97
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Why remove field lines from the playcall screen?

Would be nci to ahve that option back. It's nice to be able to look at the playscreen and know where each route makes their cut, where the first down marker is, etc.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:54 AM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
It is definitely a comfort zone situation if you've been using it for a long time and that's how you've been--in part--determining what plays you're going to run. While people will surely get by at some point, to me that's not even the relevant thought here. The relevant thought is, why does the Madden Team year after year insist on getting rid of things that don't make any sense to get rid of? I've never gotten an explanation on why weather was dumbed down in 09, and I'm sure I never will. We should really be curious as to why this stuff happens. That to me is more important; it's a bad trend and one reason why this franchise has had so many issues this gen, as gamers have had fewer options to customize their experience. It's the complete opposite of where I think most of us thought football gaming would be in this generation.
This is exactly my take on the issues. I will admit that I do use the field lines to select plays when I am looking for first downs. I am a football fan and want to play a realistic version of Madden, but I need those lines to help me out on third downs and such (espcially when there are a number of routes you cannot smart route).

If people don't use the field lines and they are fine with it being left out so be it, but please don't say it's not needed or wanted. I'm sure there are millions of casual fans (the majority of the Madden fan base) who will be frustrated by this omission and will consider it to be an unnecessary hurdle for them in learning and playing the game.

Was it really hurting anyone when it was in there? I could be wrong, but I really don't think anyone was really upset about field lines being on the play call screen. Alternatively, by not having the field lines in there are plenty of people that are upset about it. Why create an issue when there was none to begin with. This is just giving people something else to be upset about that wasn't an issue in the past.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:34 PM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 9

y not learn your playbook? ill always remember what hash the play is on from the previous play. so if u learn your playbook, set up your audibles, use your hot routes...then you should have no problem w/ a WRs pattern length since you should already know it. maybe its just me, i play a lot of offline franchise so i always know the strength/weakness of every last one of my players...sometimes i even go to practice just to see if my defense is "soft" by going long on them frequently.

honestly, i never even noticed the field lines...i just knew i had to get so many yards and what my advantages. at the same time, madden shouldnt have taken them out...they seem to love to do that, we'll prolly see it again in a year or 2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »