Home

I really Hope this isn't a Pic of a guy running at full speed

This is a discussion on I really Hope this isn't a Pic of a guy running at full speed within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2009, 03:32 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: I really Hope this isn't a Pic of a guy running at full speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
OK that's all fine and dandy, but this thread is talking about the pic. Not the vids. Maybe, if there was vid in place of the pic, then this would be a different story, but it's not. You can't show me a picture of a QB releasing the ball and then ask me if I think the passing speed is too slow. He wants to know about the pic, so we're commenting on the pic. And, just like you, most think it's OK.
Ultimately the pic is related to a living breathing game, which I guarantee he is alluding to. So, I think my comments are valid. I'm pretty sure Madden isn't going to be a slide projection football sim this year. But maybe you know something I don't..
Old 06-12-2009, 03:39 PM   #58
Rookie

beefjohnson's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Panthers
lol thats not the correct way to swing your arms. Suppose to keep your arms pumping foward since thats the direction you are going for a little more speed...did i say that right lol?

yeah but if you are caught in a moment of chasing down someone whos broken away from the pack you arent thinking technique..you are thinking do whatever possible to get this guy..if that makes any sense. I know arms going to the sides isnt the EXACT way to run but these are humans playing a game...and caught up in a moment not everything is going to be textbook. It just need to feel more "human" if again..that makes any sense at all.

But if you want to go for perfect running in the game then they need to have players leaning forward more. Perfect example in the NFC North video posted in another thread with Jared Allen going for the sack. He is standing straight up

http://maddennfl.easports.com/media.action

Thats my only gripe about it. Its not a game killer the way it is because as I said before its a huge upgrade from previous years. It just seems too smooth and not "human" like.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:03 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by shttymcgee
Proper running form doesn't have much of a forward lean.

He's slowing down because he just passed the Finish line, and you can tell because he's looking behind
Old 06-12-2009, 04:09 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 3

I still don't get how getting people to run right has be a priority for next years game.. why not just get it right?
Old 06-12-2009, 04:11 PM   #61
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I think Apex videos are a waste of time. \
Most accurate thing posted in this entire thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2009, 04:14 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 6

Being on the track/football team while in high school I can say body lean is a very key part of running. (AKA important to correct) we do see this every single Sunday. And don't Bash Apex he along with the rest of us want a game that expresses the realism.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:19 PM   #63
Rookie

trufootball's Arena

OVR: 11

has anyone heard if running animations are at a lock for madden 10 or is there gonna be more work done?
Old 06-12-2009, 04:22 PM   #64
Rookie

beefjohnson's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by trufootball
has anyone heard if running animations are at a lock for madden 10 or is there gonna be more work done?

I wish it could still be tweaked but part of me doubts that it will happen. I think they have ran out of time to be re-adjusting the entire animation..hopefully it will all..as far as running animations go..be cleared away and they will start with a clean slate for Madden 11

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »