Home

This videos background chatter concerns me.

This is a discussion on This videos background chatter concerns me. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 07:23 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 21
Re: This videos background chatter concerns me.

Yes. I was concerned if this guy was coming off "The Sims" and changing around parts of it into offline (and online) franchise in Madden. Restating the topic with the words "wow" after it really does nothing but add a number to your post count.

At this point, why would anybody be surprised if a consumer was skeptical of EA.

By the way, 12 practice plays showing a good pass rush doesn't overshadow 5 quarters of game play that several people were able to pick up large issues with. Its been proven that player ratings (or at least some of the attributes) have absolutely no impact on players. A simple post and a "look its fixed" isn't completely reassuring at this point, sorry.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 06-13-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:25 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
At this point, why would anybody be surprised if anybody was skeptical of EA.
The truth always comes out. I thought most of your type had come and gone a long time ago.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:27 PM   #11
DickDalewood

OVR:

Lol, this is certainly a new one.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2009, 07:27 PM   #12
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Yes. I was concerned if this guy was coming off "The Sims" and changing around parts of it into offline (and online) franchise in Madden. Restating the topic with the words "wow" after it really does nothing but add a number to your post count.

At this point, why would anybody be surprised if a consumer was skeptical of EA.

By the way, 12 practices plays showing a good pass rush doesn't overshadow 5 quarters of game play that several people were able to pick up large issues with. Its been proven that player ratings (or at least some of the attributes) have absolutely no impact on players. A simple post and a "look its fixed" isn't completely reassuring at this point, sorry.
You can leave your franchise mode question in Josh Looman's thread here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...se-q-blog.html

Quick question: Did you play NFL Head Coach 09?
Old 06-13-2009, 07:29 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
The truth always comes out. I thought most of your type had come and gone a long time ago.
Define "my type". Do you feel that over the last 2 games in particular that enough progress has been made to warrant a full price tag?

EDIT - Yes I played HC 08 and 09. I would play 10, but I haven't seen any information on it. Not sure if its gonna be bundled like last seasons was or not.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:30 PM   #14
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Define "my type". Do you feel that over the last 2 games in particular that enough progress has been made to warrant a full price tag?
I feel that way because I remember playing Madden 08 and shaking my head about the mistake I made about purchasing that game until Madden 09 completely restored my confidence for the franchise.

EDIT: Head Coach won't be coming out this year because the guys who worked on it are working on Madden right now.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:40 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Blind EA haters...

We've all been disappointed by the last few iterations on Madden but those games were created by a different leader, a leader who saw the game going in a different direction to how we saw it.

Ian and the team have admitted to the errors made in the past and have spent much of the last year explaining how they're undoing all the mistakes whilst trying to add to this years game.

Much of the angry EA haters, myself included, have seen the effort and work rate put in and have grown appreciative but at the same time attempted to constructively criticise when we see something wrong.

I didn't respond to your thread initially because i wasn't too sure what you were trying to say and what your motive was, then your other posts showed that you're still angry at EA ad looking to moan about anything you can... like background chat or the new pass rush video.

That's what i meant by type... now i can see that you're new here and so probably haven't seen all the hard work that's been put in to appease most of the community by the devs but you should go read all the blogs and read more threads and then judge the team. Maybe then you'll see how ridiculous background chat in a video really is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2009, 07:43 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
Blind EA haters...

We've all been disappointed by the last few iterations on Madden but those games were created by a different leader, a leader who saw the game going in a different direction to how we saw it.

Ian and the team have admitted to the errors made in the past and have spent much of the last year explaining how they're undoing all the mistakes whilst trying to add to this years game.

Much of the angry EA haters, myself included, have seen the effort and work rate put in and have grown appreciative but at the same time attempted to constructively criticise when we see something wrong.

I didn't respond to your thread initially because i wasn't too sure what you were trying to say and what your motive was, then your other posts showed that you're still angry at EA ad looking to moan about anything you can... like background chat or the new pass rush video.

That's what i meant by type... now i can see that you're new here and so probably haven't seen all the hard work that's been put in to appease most of the community by the devs but you should go read all the blogs and read more threads and then judge the team. Maybe then you'll see how ridiculous background chat in a video really is.
Why bother Sal. People are going to moan about everything, even background chatter.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »