Home

Ok, Ian, you reached 1/2 of your goal this year!

This is a discussion on Ok, Ian, you reached 1/2 of your goal this year! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 09:33 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 11
Ok, Ian, you reached 1/2 of your goal this year!

Don't know if you remember, Ian, but pretty early in 10's dev cycle, you said on here that it was your personal goal to make BezO and I buy Madden 10, as we were two of Madden's harshest critics (as well as EA critics).

And Mods, this isn't just another "Hey Ian thread"....I just wanted him to know he accomplished something that I am sure even HE thought might never happen, and I can't PM him...sooooooo....

I've waited patiently, read every bit of info I could get my hands on, and watched every vid on the internet....and remained skeptical, though a little more reserved than in the past in my remarks.

But, what you've done, especially these last couple of weeks, has definitely earned my respect. It is now apparent to me that you are not a part of the EA "hype machine", and you really ARE listening. The nail in the coffin for me was when you found the problem in the coding for the pass rush, and showed us the difference today....like night and day!

I won't sit here and gush about Madden being "the GREATEST football game ever".....yet, but I CAN say that I can clearly see it heading that direction finally!

After seeing the practice video today, I went to Gamestop and pre-ordered '10 for the midnight release...so, you accomplished 1/2 of your goal...now you just gotta' win over BezO.

You KNEW I wouldn't finish this post with no criticism, so here it is...PLEASE work on the half-time/post-game and weekly "shows" for '11...put some REAL commentary in the replays. And, for the love of all that is good in this world, PLEASE get rid of Hammand...his commentary just sucks out a good bit of the "life" you've worked so hard to bring to this years game!!

Other than that, kudos to you and your crew this year, I see MAJOR progress, and you've earned back one of the customers that the previous team lost for EA.

And after the game and patches are finished, take a break, dude....you earned it!

Last edited by MJenness; 06-13-2009 at 09:36 PM. Reason: cuz
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2009, 09:35 PM   #2
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Ok, Ian, you reached 1/2 of your goal this year!

Ah man, you had to make this a "hey Ian " thread. This will unfortunately be locked soon. You could have left a message on his chalkboard.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:38 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
Ah man, you had to make this a "hey Ian " thread. This will unfortunately be locked soon. You could have left a message on his chalkboard.
Just wanted to give the man some PUBLIC recognition and show him he reached a goal....always important for people to get both!
Old 06-13-2009, 09:39 PM   #4
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

OVR: 16

WoW do you really think this highly of yourself to make this thread. Like your 60 bucks is the reason madden improved....WOW
Old 06-13-2009, 09:40 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Guru~
WoW do you really think this highly of yourself to make this thread. Like your 60 bucks is the reason madden improved....WOW
Re-read my previous post....and not taking ANY credit for the improvement, simply giving the man props. Now, go take a 'lude and chill.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2009, 09:43 PM   #6
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
Re-read my previous post....and not taking ANY credit for the improvement, simply giving the man props. Now, go take a 'lude and chill.
You could have gave him "public props" on the improved pass rush thread. You already knew that this would be locked so.........
Old 06-13-2009, 09:46 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
You could have gave him "public props" on the improved pass rush thread. You already knew that this would be locked so.........
Good God, some of you people are SO freaking anal....go outside and play a little....if you don't LIKE the topic, just skip it or move along....pretty easy, really
Old 06-13-2009, 09:51 PM   #8
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
Good God, some of you people are SO freaking anal....go outside and play a little....if you don't LIKE the topic, just skip it or move along....pretty easy, really
Have fun.

While it lasts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »