Home

Player Ratings Categories Question

This is a discussion on Player Ratings Categories Question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2009, 11:55 PM   #1
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Player Ratings Categories Question

Mods, move this if appropriate, though I don't feel that this question qualifies as "player ratings discussion" in the context of the discussion within the player ratings sticky. This isn't so much about specific player ratings, but rather moreso about how Madden works in-game.

My question is this: I seem to remember a blog or post somewhere discussing that, given the increase in number of attribute categories and specializations (i.e. pass block strength and pass block footwork ratings, in addition to the pass blocking rating which was previously the only one that existed). I seem to remember said post discussing that, given this specialization, certain more general ratings were gradually being phased out of the game (e.g. awareness, the general pass/run block ratings, the old throw accuracy rating). Is this in fact the case that certain ratings don't matter any more? If that's not entirely true, what's the specific difference in the types of ratings? How do they affect my players' performances in-game? Which ones should I pay the most attention to? In particular:

For offensive linemen: strength vs pass/run block strength, pass block vs pass block strength/footwork, run block vs run block strength/footwork; do the old pass/run block ratings do anything?

For quarterbacks: throw accuracy vs. throw accuracy short/medium/deep, with regard to success throwing the ball to intended receiver accurately; what purpose does the old throw accuracy rating serve?

For running backs: break tackles vs. spin move/juke move/stiff arm/trucking; with regard to success in breaking tackles, which has more bearing?

For defensive players: awareness vs. play recognition, block shedding vs. finesse / power move, awareness vs. man/zone coverage, etc.; which ratings have more effect over how play players play in space, make decisions, and get off blocks to the ball carrier?

Any other comparisons of this ilk I can't think of right now...?

If there's a resource that already has all this information, please feel free to direct me to it. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »