Home

Auto Replay-plays where it should kick in

This is a discussion on Auto Replay-plays where it should kick in within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2009, 02:56 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
Auto Replay-plays where it should kick in

I've had wood now for approx. 2 weeks straight, since finding out that Ian and team are including in the gameplay options for us some type of Auto Replay Frequency slider...of which I will set mine to maximum for Presentation purposes.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway.....

I'm just starting this thread for the sole purpose of listing out game plays which I think should trigger an automatic replay, ya know, like on Sundays. Feel free to join in and hopefully Ian/Team will take a look at this one.
And remember, I'm sure we'll be able to simply hit A if you don't want to view the Replay. You'll get right back to gameplay I'm sure. But the OPTION is there. Some of us love our frequent auto replays.

In no particular order, I believe EVERY occurrence of the following should kick in the Auto Replay set at "maximum" on slider:
  • Fumble
  • Interception
  • Penalty
  • Big Hits
  • Injuries
  • Challenges
  • TD-duh
  • First Down of 7 or more yards (example-2nd and 10 and you sweep left for 12). Show the Replay. 7 is my best shot at it.
  • Big first downs of less than 7 yards (a first down which will clinch the game in other words-example)
  • Game winning kicks
  • Weather related slips if in the game
  • Wardrobe malfunctions??
What do you guys think (that question is for those who are excited about the Auto Replay feature. If you don't give a crap about it, no need to point that out to us and wonder WHY we do).

Side Note-anyone know a good "de-woodifying" doctor? I'm getting worried about this thing and I'm running out of answers as to what to tell my kids. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 03:18 AM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Auto Replay-plays where it should kick in

Sounds good to me.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:48 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 33

Personally.

EVERY SINGLE PLAY.

lolz. Just let me skip it if its a boring play.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:57 AM   #4
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

The auto replay frequency drove me nuts in 09! They were supposed to be including a 'Beyond Broadcast' presentation but we would get like 3 auto replays a game! Most of the time not even after a TD! It felt like they wanted the game to feel stale and lifeless.

But...this slider sounds awesome! I really can't wait to be immersed in this new Madden. I'm really hoping its a whole new experience.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:08 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 33

When I score an awesome TD, can I get more than 1 angle please?

It looks awesome to see a TD from like 3 different angles at least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 06:49 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 29

Why do I get the feeling that Madden will not have any real videos or footage until late May?
Old 04-28-2009, 08:14 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 27

If the auto replays still stink, the impact of frequency will be negligible.

Trust that I pleaded my case for better, immersive auto-replay angles even beyond what I've posted here on the forums.

I know it's the right move, we all know it's the right move, we just have to wait and see if Madden Team understands how bad the angles they've been giving us are, and that the examples of more immersive angles I showed them is what we want and have been expecting from them for a long time now. I could'nt have pleaded the case any better. I put the winning play in their hands, now it's up to them to execute it.

We'll see if they do.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:17 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Why do I get the feeling that Madden will not have any real videos or footage until late May?
What does this have to do with the thread?

On-topic.. Doesn't matter how many times they show a replay..If the angles are messed up then it doesn't matter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »