Home

New video - 3rd quarter of Ian vs. Donny

This is a discussion on New video - 3rd quarter of Ian vs. Donny within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2009, 11:11 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: New video - 3rd quarter of Ian vs. Donny

Im lovng the improved pass rush, on the PA play and screen play w/ Delhomme you could see how big a factor it played
Old 06-14-2009, 11:13 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie48
Ian,

Quick question, I havent seen a depth of penalties called in any of the videos that have been released. Only ones I have seen were offsides and holding. How much of facemask, block in the backs, and what not. I know last two or so years there hasnt been a realistic amount of penalties called. Great progress though on the game an. I think the only thing I would want to see is the RB's pickling up the blitz a little more VIA cut bolck and like wisethe onrushing defender to make some sort of player rating specific play to avoid it whether it be a jump or a slap to the helmet and side parry.
I'm also curious about this...as it is one of the things I harped on about '09, and thought was going to be addressed this year. Also, the sliders and their effectiveness....last few years, SOME sliders seemed to do nothing, especially for penalties.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:14 AM   #19
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Looks good, however Delhomme looks WAY too stiff when he drops back.

I did notice that J. Russel 's throwing motion looks like his real life motion which is a HUGE plus.

Lastly, is that big read indicator that goes underneath the WR always there, or if you change players before the catch is made? Its a real eye-sore and kind of looks bad presentation wise.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 06-14-2009, 11:14 AM   #20
MVP

jclentzthadon's Arena

OVR: 15

Also the fatigue factor was on point! We didn't see the whole game but man the raiders were subing guys all over the place there on that drive. Great stuff!
Old 06-14-2009, 11:15 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclentzthadon
One thing Ian if you haven't addressed this and this video made it a little difficult even though it looked better. Will the pass rush be identical as the pass rush update you put out yesterday for user vs. user and user vs. cpu? I think that is extemely important.
Yep - they're the same.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2009, 11:15 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcq71
I dont think Ill be playing 2k5 this year
Agreed, I don't think I will have to play NFL2K5 either. Madden10 seems to be shaping up pretty nice. Loved everything in the video, the way the players moved, the momentum, the smoothness of the game play. If I had to pick anything that I would like edited is that the game continues to show the cutscenes after a play until someone hits a button and then the playbook screen comes up. The cutscenes look beautiful, but quick. Ian, you guys have done a great job with this. Madden now just seems so much more SIM orientated than in the past. Thanks to guys like LBrulze, and adam, and others that help point out stuff that should be realistic and SIM. Nice video.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:17 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 21

Question:

On the Raiders 1st offensive play they call a Toss.

The guard and the Tackle are suppose to pull and lead block.

They both pull but then the guard all of a sudden goes back to get someone else and the tackle is too slow to get out and block who it looks like he had targeted, thus the loss on the play.

Question is, From a coach pov/strategy pov. Am I to conclude If my offensive line does not have Guards/tackles with good speed/high run block ratings they will not be suited for running plays that require pulling guards.

I am basing that purely on What I saw hapened, happened because that gurad and tackle has low ratings or is something else going on ?
Old 06-14-2009, 11:17 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUG-Z
Okay vid (but still has issue with gameplay) but whatever.
What does that mean?

Quote:
Moreover, why are players still going through players on the sideline like they're invisible?
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2039288579

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »