Home

Is protac a gimmick to make people buy madden 10

This is a discussion on Is protac a gimmick to make people buy madden 10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 05:28 PM   #1
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22
Is protac a gimmick to make people buy madden 10

I honestly dont know if protack was put in madden 2010 for the realism or just so people would buy madden 10. yea it does seem like a nice feature to have but before you throw in new features fix what you have. the players running and tackling animations are all the same. i looked through all of the trailers and videos of madden and all i see is tron running and tackling. the players seem like robots. not bashing ian or anybody else for that matter but honestly i could not care less about a new feature what i care about is a realistic football game. Look at the Backbreaker trailer it says "no tackle will be the same" and they are right. from what i see every little running/ tackling animation is different. all im saying is instead of putting in a new feature fix what you got to make the game better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2009, 05:31 PM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Is protac a gimmick to make people buy madden 10

Pro tak was put in to help the gameplay to play better. It helps out with the DLine/oline interaction and other stuff like that. It is not a gimmick. It something that helps the gameplay out more to make it look more real.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:34 PM   #3
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopydude
I honestly dont know if protack was put in madden 2010 for the realism or just so people would buy madden 10. yea it does seem like a nice feature to have but before you throw in new features fix what you have. the players running and tackling animations are all the same. i looked through all of the trailers and videos of madden and all i see is tron running and tackling. the players seem like robots. not bashing ian or anybody else for that matter but honestly i could not care less about a new feature what i care about is a realistic football game. Look at the Backbreaker trailer it says "no tackle will be the same" and they are right. from what i see every little running/ tackling animation is different. all im saying is instead of putting in a new feature fix what you got to make the game better
Didn't Pro-tak fix the tackling issue? I'm pretty sure Pro-tak was initially created to solve gang tackling issues.

EA is not going to buy NaturalMotion any time soon.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 06-14-2009, 05:34 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 4
Thumbs down Re: Is protac a gimmick to make people buy madden 10

Will you little Backbreaker Clan Boys get over it..Nobody likes that f...ed up Arcade crap style of football..Backbreaker is not Simulation football that u see on tv..
Old 06-14-2009, 05:39 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

dumb thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2009, 05:40 PM   #6
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

before you post about protak, you should probably a little about it.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:42 PM   #7
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopydude
You've been watching Apex's videos. He describes it as "Tron" running and states that it shouldn't be broken into sections because it's core to football. Pro-Tak isn't the only reason why people will buy Madden 10. Remember that because of Pro-Tak, 9-man gang tackles, realistic pockets, and fight for the fumble are allowed to occur in the game. No other game has ever had this, not even Backbreaker. Pro-Tak IS NOT A GIMMICK!!!!

Last edited by MattIntellect; 06-14-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:49 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Why is anyone referencing Backbreaker for anything? If Madden had shown you as little footage as Backbreaker you would be saying it couldn't be trusted until you saw entire gameplay. Backbreaker?!? Ok.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »