Home

Who would wanna see.....

This is a discussion on Who would wanna see..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2009, 09:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Who would wanna see.....

Tony Kornheiser!! I mean seriously, for some reason a lot of people hate him lol, but he's funny as hell. They had Micheals and Madden and people complained to no end. They had the easports radio announcer and people complained. Now they got Hammond and Collinsworth and people are complaining.

I was thinking how they could make the commentating better and Kornheiser is just a guy who jumps off the page out of all the guys out there. He can get loud and goofy and excited and just have fun with it, as anybody who watches "PTI" knows. Even if you were to bring him in as the secondary commentator but i can't help but think he'd make it so much more entertaining.

In the middle of writing this post though, i thought why stop there? I might be being completely over-ambitious here, especially considering i'm not the one who would have to do the work, but why not bring multiple people from espn on board. With Ea's new attitude of rasigin their expectations, I don't see any reason this wouldn't be possible.

So here are some ideas that would be incredible if they did it right:
1. Obvious choice would be the pregame show with Berman, Tom Jackson, Mike Ditka, Jaws and the rest. Nothing too long just 5 minute segments. I mean getting all those guys for 5 minute segments might be a pain, so what about just the pregame and halftime show.
2. Week in review could be nfl network. They have a lot of draft coverage but you should probably have different guys doing the draft coverage and week in review. Rich Eisen and Marshall would be awesome on there own. They could just run through the highlights of the week and do their thing. I suppose if you wanted to go balls out you could have Deion giving his primtime performers. That'd be real awesome too, but if possible it should include video as opposed to just a layout like Adrian Peterson 21 carries, 210 yards 3 Td.
3. I'm starting to think if you had a pregame and halftime show, draft coverage and weekly recap you wouldn't need much else but Bonnie Bernstein(?) could do the injury reports. I would love to see a pti show but that seems unnecessary if the above stuff is included.

I don't think i could even think of more to ask for, as long as the above were done with variation, and was smooth as to not seem peiced together. That would just bring the presentation head and shoulders above anything we've ever seen before. With my ideas out there though, I'm interested to see what everybody else on these forums could come up with in terms of what presentation you'd wanna see.

Btw dont come in here and say, they should fix the gameplay first, cause making it as perfect as humanly possible is obviously gonna be there main concern and my main hope. I'd just like to get on how presentation could be better now that theyve decided to include presentation in the game period.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Who would wanna see.....

No Kornheiser.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:35 PM   #3
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Kornheiser anywhere else is ok. Keep him away from my football or Brett Favre please.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:51 PM   #4
Rookie

mars85042's Arena

OVR: 10

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2009, 09:54 PM   #5
Banned

cornstarch's Arena

OVR: 3

I love Kornheiser, screw the haters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2009, 09:58 PM   #6
Pro

osubucksfan47's Arena

OVR: 10

He'd be a terrible choice, because people either love him or hate him, not much in between.

Me personally, I love PTI but wasn't sure about MNF.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:58 PM   #7
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

I like Kornheiser too. The OP's ideas are great, but they would probably not be possible until next gen, IMO.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 06-14-2009, 10:01 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 1

Get whoever does the Annoucning in NCAA Hockey & MLB The Show. That guy is perfect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »