Home

Fatigue in 2010?

This is a discussion on Fatigue in 2010? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2009, 03:18 PM   #33
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Fatigue in 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
We actually did end up adding a more progressive fatigue model. A player's "reservoir" shrinks based on how much effort he exerts on every play. You'll notice this towards the end of the 4th quarter when your running back or receiver that you've been working all day can never get back to 100% recovery level...he'll always be at slightly yellow or green.
And you were going to tell us this great news when?!? This is awesome my man.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:20 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 26

Although I have not seen real-time fatigue, I am happy to know that players get tired the more they play in the game itself. Next steps are real-time fatigue and season/age fatigue

I am looking forward to pounding the rock for 3 quarters then changing to shotgun to light up the tired defense
Old 06-16-2009, 03:42 PM   #35
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
I am looking forward to pounding the rock for 3 quarters then changing to shotgun to light up the tired defense
To produce this effect, they have to have it tuned properly. In other words, I hope that progressive fatigue is not implemented so subtle that you hardly notice it. I don't want to see an over-dramatic effect, but it needs to be obvious that it's there and should affect your strategy in-game. Like someone else said, hopefully it puts a premium on having every-down backs as opposed to those who often split carries or have low stamina.

Last edited by RGiles36; 06-16-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 05:38 PM   #36
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
To produce this effect, they have to have it tuned properly. In other words, I hope that progressive fatigue is not implemented so subtle that you hardly notice it. I don't want to see an over-dramatic effect, but it needs to be obvious that it's there and should affect your strategy in-game. Like someone else said, hopefully it puts a premium on having every-down backs as opposed to those who often split carries or have low stamina.
Exactly. You should HAVE to split carries if your RB doesn't have a lot of stamina.....
Old 06-16-2009, 10:41 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
The tweet was that we added a lot more gradient between red, yellow, and green. You can see now in those videos that we have like 8-9 different colors instead of just 3.

We actually did end up adding a more progressive fatigue model. A player's "reservoir" shrinks based on how much effort he exerts on every play. You'll notice this towards the end of the 4th quarter when your running back or receiver that you've been working all day can never get back to 100% recovery level...he'll always be at slightly yellow or green.
Not gonna lie... That's awesome.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:09 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
The tweet was that we added a lot more gradient between red, yellow, and green. You can see now in those videos that we have like 8-9 different colors instead of just 3.

Wicked awesome!
Old 06-23-2009, 12:22 AM   #39
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

ummm...doesn't green mean he's at 100%?
Old 06-23-2009, 12:34 AM   #40
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

If this progressive fatigue works as Ian has stated that would be huge for the strategy/sim side of Madden. It would be really nice to be able to utilize a ball control offense and get a workhorse running back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »