Home

Madden getting stale?

This is a discussion on Madden getting stale? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2009, 03:17 PM   #9
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Madden getting stale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
It may be getting stale because you are getting older. I find the older I get the more I want sports games to be perfect. I guess it takes more to hold my attention anymore.
Well, I'm not looking so much for perfection as I'm looking for more realism. I think you're right though. The older you get, the more you want it to be like a real game of football. Your fingers aren't as fast as they used to be and your stick skills aren't as good as they were. You want to be able to out wit your opponent using real NFL strategy, but it don't always work like that in Madden. That's kinda why it's starting to get a lil moldy for me.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:18 PM   #10
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
Thanks means a lot to me, now tell us how you feel
WTF? lol What just happened?
Old 06-15-2009, 03:23 PM   #11
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

lmao@ madden getting stale. It's been stale this whole generation. Hopefully Madden 10 can change that, we'll see though.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2009, 03:24 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Well, I'm not looking so much for perfection as I'm looking for more realism. I think you're right though. The older you get, the more you want it to be like a real game of football. Your fingers aren't as fast as they used to be and your stick skills aren't as good as they were. You want to be able to out wit your opponent using real NFL strategy, but it don't always work like that in Madden. That's kinda why it's starting to get a lil moldy for me.

Real talk right there Chief. That's why it's important to have a good online/offline franchise mode. I can't sit and play Madden by myself because it is too easy to beat the computer or franchise is so weak. I actually loved NCAA '09 for this reason. I'll be the first to admit that game sucked as far as a "SIM" element but the ability to play online Dynasty against old friends really revitalized sports gaming. Madden has to make franchise deepr and harder or add in a true online franchise. Then it will be back at the top in my eyes.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:30 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 9

I think that the main issue is many of us have been playing the game from the same perspective for decades...and the frustration mounts that while the graphics have improved exponentially, the physics and reality of the player movements has not kept pace:

Back in 1990...

Then on to 1995...

Then advancing again to 1997...

Move ahead to the turn of the century...

And a couple more years...2002...

And once again leaping ahead in 2004...

And all the way up to the current-generation hardware and software...

What I see is the graphical progression of a game that I have played and loved for the better part of 2 decades already; but one that of late seems to disappoint because the improvements needed to sell the game to a new audience (graphics, accessibility, ease of use, and let's face ability to score without any football knowledge) are the ones that I am uninterested in; while the improvements needed to make the game more realistic (better player momentum and less control to make ridiculous cuts and moves, added depth to play calling and strategy like line stunts, O-line calls, selective double teams, even bringing back man lock) are the ones that mean NOTHING to the bean counters or the casuals...

Ian and company are trying (and to a large extent succeeding) at bringing the fundamentals back to center stage, but they will always have the albatross on their neck of making a game for the millions (mainstream audience who NEVER visit or post on OS) and having to listen to the thousands (or maybe its just a couple hundred?) who whine the longest and the loudest (myself obviously included)!
Old 06-15-2009, 03:30 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey3002
Does anyone think madden is getting stale? I have been playing madden it seems since back in the old PC days. I have watched it grow and while I enjoy it, I do not find myself playing it as much.. am I alone in this?
It's been stale to me for a few years now. I think the lack of playable camera angles is the biggest factor.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:31 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
WTF? lol What just happened?
magic just happened
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2009, 03:32 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey3002
Does anyone think madden is getting stale? I have been playing madden it seems since back in the old PC days. I have watched it grow and while I enjoy it, I do not find myself playing it as much.. am I alone in this?
I DONT GET IT! - M10 has made such huge improvements this year..more then any other year and i see this post? You confuse me lol

Unless your referring to the past madden games..then yeah i agree lol..i had played M09 for about 1 month and called it a year

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »