Home

I remember a time when playing Madden was an incredible experience

This is a discussion on I remember a time when playing Madden was an incredible experience within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2009, 12:30 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: I remember a time when playing Madden was an incredible experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225
What are you talking about exactly? The power is there to make a fun game? More power has jack **** to do with how fun a game is.

Sounds like you're pooling a bunch of random criticisms in an attempt to blast Madden for some abstract nebulous reason that you can't even explain.
Listen man, get outta here with all that. The game is not up to par and there is no excuse why it shouldn't. I'm not gonna sit up here and list a whole bunch of problems with it.

You know damn well what the issues are.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:31 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone Jackson
You know what, I can't agrue with this. I just want the players to move properly that's all. I'm not asking for much. Just let me find the hole with A.D. and let me blast through it with proper forward lean..

That's all I ask..
You never actually asked for that. You brought up the "old days" where you used to play Madden for hours and how much fun you had. Hate to break it to you but Madden 92 was not realistic in any way shape or form.

Now you're asking for realistic holes and proper lean and momentum.

So again...what is it exactly that you're asking for?
Old 06-16-2009, 12:36 PM   #11
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I believe he wants to play with the '92 Buffalo Bills again and Randall Cunningham,

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 12:36 PM   #12
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

WTF do people wait until 3 weeks before the game goes gold to do this? And seriously, tell me how someone can wail about the good ol' days, then beg for technology. "Oh, I miss the good ol' days, where we had procedural AI and physics. Madden '92, how I miss thee!"

Honestly. Write this stuff after Madden 10 releases, you missed your opportunity.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:37 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225
You never actually asked for that. You brought up the "old days" where you used to play Madden for hours and how much fun you had. Hate to break it to you but Madden 92 was not realistic in any way shape or form.

Now you're asking for realistic holes and proper lean and momentum.

So again...what is it exactly that you're asking for?
I want what I had on Madden 92 with all the trimmings. I want every single tackle animation to be real. I want forward lean when I'm hitting a hole. I want the RB to look like a RB when he's running. They are getting there with some of these but the actually running animation is terrible.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:42 PM   #14

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
I want what I had on Madden 92 with all the trimmings. I want every single tackle animation to be real. I want forward lean when I'm hitting a hole. I want the RB to look like a RB when he's running. They are getting there with some of these but the actually running animation is terrible.
This is what I mean...In no way, shape, or form was Madden 92 more realistic than Madden 10 looks to be. It was more fun because expectations and standards were lower, and we were almost 20 years younger.

The tackling animations and running back animations were trash on that game. But it was fun as hell.

Madden 92:

Old 06-16-2009, 12:45 PM   #15
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
I'm being serious. I remember those late nights playing Madden '92 using Buffalo and just having a great time. It was like I was in tune with the joystick and the game and I was just very comfortable playing. It felt so good to have Bruce Smith coming off the edge blasting and tearing the QB's back up. Or throwing that post to James Lofton and him running under the ball for a 75 yd touchdown.

Playing with the Eagles was incredible too.

Randall Cunningham was the ULTIMATE WEAPON in that game.. I would scramble with his 90 speed rating and just throw bombs to Calvin Williams and Fred Barnett.

Please bring that joy back to me Ian.

Get it done!!!!

With this thread, and your previously closed "running animations" thread, I'm convinced you joined these boards for the sole purpose of being a Debby Downer.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 12:45 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
This is what I mean...In no way, shape, or form was Madden 92 more realistic than Madden 10 looks to be. It was more fun because expectations and standards were lower, and we were almost 20 years younger.

The tackling animations and running back animations were trash on that game. But it was fun as hell.

Madden 92:

Aight, since you wanna be difficult let me spell it out for you.

I WANT TO HAVE THE SAME FUN I HAD WITH MADDEN 92 UPDATED WITH ALL OF THE TECHNOLOGY THAT IS AVAILABLE TO THEM IN 2009. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME NOW????

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »