Home

I remember a time when playing Madden was an incredible experience

This is a discussion on I remember a time when playing Madden was an incredible experience within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2009, 12:54 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: I remember a time when playing Madden was an incredible experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
LOL, he's still right...

With all of the technology they have now, it would be a complete waste to simply update Madden 92. Hell, as unrealistic as that game was, there is no reason you couldn't have just as much fun with previous iterations, as they were just as unrealistic and arcadey.
Jesus Christ, you are not smart. I know I can't get Madden '92 back..

I should be able to play this game in '09 and have mad fun still. I am older now with more responsibilities so I'm not gonna have the time to spend on it like I used to. But I should be able to pop the game in on a Saturday with my friends and not shut the game off within 10 minutes because I'm bored.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 12:54 PM   #26
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Tombstone...how old are you? The reason I ask is how can any game developer provide the same fun factor in video games nowadays when people are adults that people found in games when they were kids?

Priorities & expectations all change as we get older. What we looked for in a video game when we were kids isn't the same thing we are looking for now.

Nowadays we typically look for realism, simulation, along with fun. Back then, we just wanted to have fun. We just wanted to play the game, with our favorite teams and even players.

Thats all available today. Whats not available today, is our acceptance for a game to only cater to our fun factor. We seek more nowadays in sports video games.

IMO the only way you're going to have the same fun as you did with Madden '92 today as you did back then, is to play Madden '92.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 06-16-2009 at 01:00 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:54 PM   #27
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

This guy is totaling forgetting the nostalgia factor. That's what he's riding here. We were all younger, we were all amazed easier. Hell, I remember how stunned I was by Madden 91. Before that, all I knew was Tecmo Bowl. And Super Mario World? Holy crap!

How many of you can sit down with a box of legos and use your imagination for hours? I can't. It's what happens when you get older. Suddenly, you aren't entertained like you once were. You demand more, and you accept less.

We all want those good ol' feelings, but they're from a different era, when we were kids. It's not the same. Nevermind the asinine demands for technology that is just not possible, right now.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:59 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Tombstone...how old are you? The reason I ask is how can any game developer provide the same fun factor in video games nowadays when people are adults that people found in games when they were kids?

Priorities & expectations all change as we get older. What we looked for in a video game when we were kids, most likely, isn't the same thing we are looking for now.

Im 35. I agree with you. I hardly play my xbox. But I still get the urge to play some football and when I put Madden in, I wind up shutting it right off.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:03 PM   #29

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone Jackson
Jesus Christ, you are not smart. I know I can't get Madden '92 back..

I should be able to play this game in '09 and have mad fun still. I am older now with more responsibilities so I'm not gonna have the time to spend on it like I used to. But I should be able to pop the game in on a Saturday with my friends and not shut the game off within 10 minutes because I'm bored.
If this was 20 years ago, you wouldn't shut this game down because you are bored.

Heck, I am glad the game wasn't the way it is now back then...I would have never left the house and would probably be a hermit.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:03 PM   #30
Rookie

unisol_us's Arena

OVR: 5

I think these online franchises will bring some of that WOW factor back for me. With what EA is doing with online it is hard not to get excited!
Old 06-16-2009, 01:04 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
If this was 20 years ago, you wouldn't shut this game down because you are bored.

Heck, I am glad the game wasn't the way it is now back then...I would have never left the house and would probably be a hermit.
HAHAHAHAH...

You're right..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 01:43 PM   #32
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

So OP, I agree about Madden. It is not very good right now. But have you gone back and plugged in the old 92 game? Because I can assure you, that magical feeling will not return anymore. It's like saying how fun 10 Yard Fight was. WAS is the key word.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »