Home

Online franchise is an embarrassment

This is a discussion on Online franchise is an embarrassment within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 11:40 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Online franchise is an embarrassment

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryrice4949
... I am not asking for the practice squad and a bunch of extras for the 1st year. Seriously, expecting contracts is not some big pie in the sky thing...
I agree with you 100% Bro. It's amazing the lengths people will go to try and defend Madden. No salary caps, trade logic, and free agency is weak sauce and nobody can sit here and say "It's no big deal" with a straight face. I undertand if you don't care about online franchise but don't try and hate on us because we love it. If they pulled this stuff with Offline we would have a 15 page thread of people crying about it. I understand these guys worked hard on the game and added bunch a features etc, but you can can't convince me there was no way they could implement these things into an online franchise mode especially considering NCAA had already laid the groundwork. Then we get a blog saying "It's up to the fans to demand more features" Seriously?!?!? We have to demand salary caps and free agency in a "franchise" mode. It should be "Hey guys we don't have all the features in right now but since everything is run from a server we are diligently working to correct this problem."

Last edited by FadeEmAll; 06-16-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:44 PM   #18
MVP

jclentzthadon's Arena

OVR: 15

Honestly I don't know if a majority of guys that play madden could actually run a functioning franchise with a cap and contracts...

Anyway, this online chise is gonna be the bomb! We got 7 good friends in on a fantasy draft and cannot wait
Old 06-16-2009, 11:47 PM   #19
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

I was excited for the feature until I found out that this mode was completely bare bones, and apparently detracted from the further development of a deep offline franchise. Honestly what they are calling 'online franchise' is a joke without player contracts and moves by the ai.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:52 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Well i'm sure the developers are well aware that this stuff needs to be added. Your not telling anybody anything they dont know, so most people have made peace with the fact this stuff just isn't in right now. Complaining about it sure isn't gonna get it in any faster, so why bother? If it bugs you that much, then do your thing and buy madden 11 when they implement the stuff that you so desperately need. I'd obviously prefer it if this stuff was in, but its not...i know its part of american culture nowadays, when you don't get what you want, complain until somebody caves and gives it to you...but it's not gonna help here.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:58 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

This ungrateful thread is an embarrassment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2009, 12:05 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwsnatural
This ungrateful thread is an embarrassment.
What does being grateful have to do with anything. Will EA give me the game for free? Customer don't have to be grateful for a product.

Just wanted to vent. Was excited at E3 announcement but felt a little mislead. I still believe it is more of a 10 year league than an online franchise as it stands now. But apparently most people are satisfied so I guess I am in the minority.

It is interesting how defensive people get when I criticize the game. I used to love Madden, bought it from 1995 until 2007. I am not a EA *****, just disappointed.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:06 AM   #23
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Stop with negative comments towards each other, and there is a better way to descibe this game if you have ill-feeilings about it. It may not be up to par for you, but no need to resort to calling it an embarrassment and a pile of crap.

I suggest we find a more adult way to express yourself........

You don't have to love the game or each other, in fact you don't have to even like the game or each other........but you do need to show respect towards each other and the work the developers put into this game.

I am going to leave this thread open, because the OP has a legit complaint( at least to him ), but its need a better tone quickly,
Old 06-17-2009, 12:08 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 26

Yeah the title of the thread may be a little overstated but the gyst of your argument is fair. Everyone here started with complaints and now since all these features were added people think we should stop asking for stuff and be grateful? I have said from the beginning they could add a True Online Franchise to Madden 09 and it would be cool with me. We ended getting up almost everything but a True Online franchise. Now tell am, am I supposed to be happy? I respect all the features and all the work that was done. I really do man, these guys did a hell of a job, but don't tell me I don't have the right to not be happy and post my disappointment because you got what you wanted.

Last edited by FadeEmAll; 06-17-2009 at 12:15 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »