Home

Why is it told to us before the play if the offense will be in Wildcat?

This is a discussion on Why is it told to us before the play if the offense will be in Wildcat? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2009, 08:02 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Why is it told to us before the play if the offense will be in Wildcat?

People do that all the time online and it gets stuffed. I think you're giving madden runblocking too much credit right now, it has issues which result in the blocks not happening like they probably should a lot of the time. Maybe it'll be better in 10, let's hope so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2009, 08:12 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 6

plz dont think im just arguing just to argue....But madden 09s run blocking was never an isue with me. dives, power O, tosses (exept for the obvious)...As long as you kept running downhill I almost never saw anything that bad with run blocking besides that sometimes they go to block guys your already past....Dives are always fine for me

But when you try to get fancy with the run thats where some of the probs start as they should

just sayin

Last edited by WFColonel56; 06-17-2009 at 08:14 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:02 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
you dont got to wait till 2010 drops just put madden 09 in and run singleback spread dive vs a dime or worse dollar defense.... that on all pro is an easy 3-7 yards a pop...now throw in a lead blocker that the WC gives you

and you said you will pinch and crash you DL will what do you know the WC has the jet sweep in it.....easy 5 yards....

the only thing that is the diff between a 3-5 yard gain and a 15 yard gain is how well my wrs block. And if you play a team with good blocking WRs you will be in trouble

You can bring your safeties down al you want the numbers still hold up....that 1 usered safety will only do so much
Hey 4 wr,1qb, 5 olinemen, where is the lead blocker? its not going to be the qb. You ppl are making alot more to it then it is. It shouldnt be in the playcalling screen.

You have your base d, 3-4,4-3,4-4, to stop 2-3 backs, then when they go 3-4 wr you call dime or what ever.

(?) is what the person do on offense when you come out in GL? They have to stay and run the play, or call timeout.

Thinking about it,its bad on the defense, when you see wildcat. You dont know if it 3-4wrs or 2-3 backs. Hope the hbs cant throw, or you cant sub a qb at hb.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:07 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 4

I never thought about it, probably because i never seen this video where it shows it on the playcall screen, but tyghtwork brings up a good point with us not knowing whether is a 4 wr wildcat or 2 wr wildcat. W.e i dont care about this anymore lol
Old 06-17-2009, 09:12 PM   #69
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

So that your opent would have a way of nowing what to prepare for when they pick their own defense like it has been in the past.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »