Home

So no mini drills or training

This is a discussion on So no mini drills or training within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2009, 04:10 PM   #41
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: So no mini drills or training

Once again, we were all duped. Will this years game be better then lasts? Yes. Will it be better then NFL2k/Madden 05? No.

I have suffered through every game since I got Madden 06 at launch with the 360 and I'm just...done. Until the game FINALLY gets to where it was 5 years ago, I'm not buying it. They've fooled me for the last time and all the hype in the world won't have an effect.

Here's to Madden 2011.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2009, 04:14 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 15

You people actually enjoyed training? Those drills were terrible on all systems. They were dull, repetitive, and didn't actually simulate game situations. Hell, all I did when controlling a DB in the 1 on 1 drill was tackle the guy before the ball hits him. I'm a 2K fanboy, but you people are overreacting about the exclusion of an unfun and poorly executed feature.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:11 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 12

Huh, the drills did simulate everything in the game, from hitting a receiver on a timing route, avoiding the rush while making the correct pass, playing safety, user catching the ball, avoiding defenders to make a touchdown, learning how to avoid multiple defenders when running.etc.. They were great, alot of fun, improved skills, and it was cool how they progressively got harder.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:29 PM   #44
Pro

So what exactly did they add to offline franchise? Oh wait guess we gotta wait till next year......AGAIN.

Last edited by jdr4693; 06-18-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:36 PM   #45
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
So what exactly did they add to offline franchise? Oh wait guess we gotta wait till next year......AGAIN.
Dude, would you rather want some other gimmick added to Franchise and have it left the same? There may not be any major features, but the broken franchise mode was fixed. I dont know if its just me, but I would rather have them tune and improve franchise the way it is instead of adding some feature that might not even be used by everyone. Ya dig?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2009, 06:39 PM   #46
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Wait...are they gone completely? Or just in franchise?

Old 06-18-2009, 06:40 PM   #47
Pro

Quote:
Dude, would you rather want some other gimmick added to Franchise and have it left the same? There may not be any major features, but the broken franchise mode was fixed. I dont know if its just me, but I would rather have them tune and improve franchise the way it is instead of adding some feature that might not even be used by everyone. Ya dig?
Yea but its frustrating to hear the same thing as last year. MADDEN 09 franchise was the exact same as MADDEN 08 franchise. They said the reason it was the same in 09 was because they were fixing bugs and a year later we are hearing the same thing that offline franchise has gone untouched to fix bugs. Thats THREE YEARS (08,09,10) of the same franchise mode! And when I say same I am talking about NO additions.

Last edited by jdr4693; 06-18-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:47 PM   #48
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
Yea but its frustrating to hear the same thing as last year. MADDEN 09 franchise was the exact same as MADDEN 08 franchise. They said the reason it was the same in 09 was because they were fixing bugs and a year later we are hearing the same thing that offline franchise has gone untouched to fix bugs. Thats THREE YEARS (08,09,10) of the same franchise mode! And when I say same I am talking about NO additions.
Well, have you played Head Coach 09? They have the same people from there tuning the mode. That's why I actually trust them this year. We will see though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »