Home

Does anyone play Madden on a plasma?

This is a discussion on Does anyone play Madden on a plasma? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Does anyone play Madden on a plasma?

I am looking at getting a plasma because I watch a fair amount of sports and I have read that plasmas have virtually no blur (600hz compared to 120hz for newer LCD's?).

The only thing I am worried about is the burn-in, I hear mixed opinions on whether or not that is a thing of the past.

So does anyone play their games on a plasma, and have they experienced issues? I play Madden the most, I am wondering if the scoreboard or anything has caused permanent issues for anyone with a newer plasma.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2009, 08:05 PM   #2

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Does anyone play Madden on a plasma?

I wouldn't recommend plasma for video games man. Especially games with static information like Madden (scoreboard ticker) or RPGs (energy, weapon charts).

LCD is the way to go.

I bought a plasma last year and saw the issue within a couple of hours of buying it. I took it back immediately and got an LCD (albeit at a more expensive price).
Old 06-17-2009, 08:08 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I wouldn't recommend plasma for video games man. Especially games with static information like Madden (scoreboard ticker) or RPGs (energy, weapon charts).

LCD is the way to go.

I bought a plasma last year and saw the issue within a couple of hours of buying it. I took it back immediately and got an LCD (albeit at a more expensive price).
+1

Plasma is not good for video games like madden.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:08 PM   #4
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Vizio is the best brand imo
Old 06-17-2009, 08:08 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 18

yes i play on a samsung 52" plasma. ive been using it for the last 2 years now. most of the new plasmas have " burn in" protection built in. my advice would be this.. after you are done playing madden, switch the game back over to regular tv for 20 minutes. this will also allow the gas chambers to ignite with other colors fromn the tv show and slowly remove any burn in. you will notice that when you are done, the scorebar and ea logo will leave a fainted image once you shut the game off. this technique will help with that

honestly....check out the samsung 120 mhz lcd" touch of color "
my brother in law just got one and it is an amazing tv. the 120mhz refreshes the screen 2x more than a regular lcd tv would. plasma's are usually 3x more than an lcd.

i am a tv guru . i own 2 plasma tv's one lcd and one flatscreen( all samsung) if you have any more questions feel free to ask. i can tell the high and lows of all of them

hope i helped
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2009, 08:11 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_24
i would not recomend vizio they haven't been in the plasma game that long. i always buy samsung since most lcd ans plasma's use samsung boards
Old 06-17-2009, 08:11 PM   #7
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Burn in for plasma tvs is supposed to be a thing of the past. I personally play on a plasma and everything is cool. I play a lot of games like Fallout 3 and sports games with a static image. There will be a temporary shadow of the static images if you play for a long time. Typically it will go away within a half hour or so of regular tv viewing. It is recommended that you watch at least 100 hours of tv without a static image before playing video games for an extended period.

Most plasmas these days have things built into them that can fight against burn in. If you are looking at buying a new tv it should definitely have some technology to help you. If you are buying at Best Buy or Sears, ask an associate to show you the features that will help to prevent it. Some tvs have a pixel adjuster, while others will have a big white block that just scrolls through your set to erase any possible damage. Good luck!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:12 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_24
i would not recomend vizio .they haven't been in the plasma game that long. i always buy samsung since most lcd ans plasma's use samsung boards

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »