Home

What is your Craziest Madden moment?

This is a discussion on What is your Craziest Madden moment? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2009, 12:06 AM   #9
Pro

WildFan22's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: What is your Craziest Madden moment?

Madden 10 last year on release day. I was the Colts at home vs. my brother as the Chargers. With no time left I pick off my brother at my 25 yard line and try and run it back. I got to the fifty yard line and started to get tackled.

At that moment I took a chance and blindly latteraled the ball behind me and it was caught by someone on my team and I ran it in. It was the first time I've ever intentionally latteraled the ball.

It looked exactly like the play when R. Moss latteraled it to Moe Williams. After almost 20 years thats the first thing that comes to mind.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:25 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 2

I actually have 2.
1- A bunch of friends and I did a fantasy draft in 09 for a franchise. I am the Saint bc of their sweeeet uniforms. So I am playing my brother. We are tied with like 3 seconds left and I think screw it we are going to OT I'll let one fly. Oppps. He picks it at the 3 with Deangelo Hall and took it 97 yards weaving outa people to the house.. I was NOT
2- Since then one friend and I just make a bunch of movie football guys (Julis Campbell, Shane Falco etc) and ourselves then fantasy draft and play on the same team.Its fun you have to try it. So we are down 7 in the 4th with like 12 seconds left. The CPU just scored so we r like wow we are done. So I take Hester and instead of running an IN I fake and go down the middle of the field, Jon Moxon hits me in stride and we are an extra point away from the tie! So we decide to go for 2. Haha...we miss it and lose..but what a rush!
Old 06-18-2009, 12:57 AM   #11
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXTHeEddYXx
Just like Titans lost against the Rams in the superbowl?
Pretty much, except I wasn't even at midfield; IIRC the Titans were at least in the red zone and the thought of winning was remotely plausible. My play was less of a defense standing up to win the game at the very last possible moment and moreso a prayer answered in the cruelest, most heart-wrenching of ways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2009, 01:35 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

ahh. Picture this, Jets Vs. teamwhosenameescapesme, triple overtime, snow blowing 14-14. he gets the ball first. i stop him, he punts, i drive down to the 32ish line, line up for the FG and... miss. he gets the ball back, i stop him again and am forced to punt myself. finally i stop him once more, and i get to the 28. i line up, put the cursor to the middle and miss wide left =(. finally he gets 3 to win the game.

another good one, i entitled it my "return to legacy gen", so anywho, madden 08, i havent played LG since 07 and i was currently playing 09. so my cousin gets up on me in the first half 24-7. things look rough as the 1st half ends. i slowly round into form and have the game 35-37. i get into position (within the 30 yd line) TWICE. and miss the fgs. he goes on to win. oh and one of the misses came w/in ten seconds as champ bailey had returned an interception to the 35. =(
Old 06-18-2009, 07:48 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 22

I was the chargers playing the raiders one time (cpu), and um... i was running like a power O play to the right and I see the defensive tackle become the flash, and he runs so fast that he gets through the line runs around LT, and comes back to the same spot he was before trying to penetrate my line... maaaaajor glitch.

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac
Old 06-18-2009, 09:09 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 10

Madden '98....

My friend and I would play all the time. One time we played Pittsburgh vs. Denver. I was Pittsburgh, he was Denver. Jerome Bettis rushed for 250 yards, John Elway threw for 450 yards, and we went into OT where I beat him with a long run by Bettis. Final score was 54-48.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:50 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 13

This one is simple....

Situation:
Teams: Vikings (me) v Saints (buddy)
Score: 28-28
Time: 22 secs left

He's got the ball on my 22 yard line. Drops back with Brees, throws it over the middle, caught by Lance Moore, HIT by Henderson, fumbled by Moore, picked up by Kevin Williams...

Kevin williams then takes it back 80+ yards as the clock hits 0, trucking Drew Brees at the 10 yard line.

Beers on Him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2009, 10:00 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 8

I was playin with the panthers and was 3 points down with 1:25 left in the 4th Q. I had the ball at my 32 yard line, I play faked to D. Williams and hit S. Smith for the bomb to get me in field goal range. there was now 1 min. left, I tried a run to the left which got me 6 yrds., clock runnin i went no huddle, changed the play and hit Muse for 10 yrds. I called my second time out to stop the clock, I was 15 yrds from pay-dirt with 28 sec. left. I throw 2 incomplet passes to smith in the end zone which made it 3rd down. 17 sec. left I went to smith again, but no good. 4th down with 12 sec left I decided to go for the tie. right when I snap the ball the guy does some kind of glitch and I miss a chip shot, needless to say I lost.

P.S.: cheesers and glitchers are GAY

PSN ID- WoahThatGuy
Text: (910) 770-1533

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »