Home

Are the names of pre-made rookies random?

This is a discussion on Are the names of pre-made rookies random? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2009, 07:13 AM   #17
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Are the names of pre-made rookies random?

The names NEED to b random. I don't want some fool spoiling my draft for me by simming and telling me who all the good players r. You know there is some fiend out there who will sim all 32 years n post every daft class.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:41 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke316
The names NEED to b random. I don't want some fool spoiling my draft for me by simming and telling me who all the good players r. You know there is some fiend out there who will sim all 32 years n post every daft class.
You know, there are some people out there that still get a kick out of putting in a code for Big Head mode. Just realize that you DON'T HAVE TO look at something like that if you don't want to.

I know it annoys you anyway, but it really isn't something to get worked up about.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:44 AM   #19
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
You know, there are some people out there that still get a kick out of putting in a code for Big Head mode. Just realize that you DON'T HAVE TO look at something like that if you don't want to.

I know it annoys you anyway, but it really isn't something to get worked up about.
Except for when people post it without spoiler tags. This is something I would think would be easy to put in, which is why this disappoints me.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:54 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30

it kinda is tho because it can ruin online franchise. if we get to the draft and someone already knows this certain class of rookies and whos the best, then whats the point? as one of the other guys said, some idiot will sim thru and post up all of the draft classes and whos the mannings and ladainian tomlinsons of the group because the names dont change. how hard then is it to know who to draft. u wont even need to scout, just look for "John Beck" QB 6'5 220 and from Alabama or whatever.

I'm hoping the classes are premade, but just because the #22 class comes up, it doesnt mean everytime the names and info will match. i hope it has the #22 group of players, but no way to tell who is who each time this class comes up in different franchises.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:42 AM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Mass Murda o
it kinda is tho because it can ruin online franchise. if we get to the draft and someone already knows this certain class of rookies and whos the best, then whats the point? as one of the other guys said, some idiot will sim thru and post up all of the draft classes and whos the mannings and ladainian tomlinsons of the group because the names dont change. how hard then is it to know who to draft. u wont even need to scout, just look for "John Beck" QB 6'5 220 and from Alabama or whatever.

I'm hoping the classes are premade, but just because the #22 class comes up, it doesnt mean everytime the names and info will match. i hope it has the #22 group of players, but no way to tell who is who each time this class comes up in different franchises.
I see what you're saying now. Wouldn't a potential fix simply be having random colleges assigned as well? That way you don't have people looking for the 6'3" 225lb WR from Ohio State that comes in rated at 81 OVR. I just figure there are enough players that size that it would be harder to see them in the scouting process and be like -

"OOOOOH, there's so and so projected to be taken in the 6th Round but I know he comes with 89 potential because I simmed every draft class and wrote down every draft's player ratings and potential....IMA TAKE HIM IN FIRST ROUND!!! Muahahahaha!"...

Yeah, I know what you mean.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2009, 10:48 AM   #22
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

I remember some sports video game a while back did something stupid like this. Everytime I saw a player with a developer last name, I drafted them. They were always awesome. If the names are not random, I will be looking out for that late round sleeper P. Frazier and I. Cummings.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:31 AM   #23
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I am almost certain the names are random aswell. They have in the past maddens.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:37 AM   #24
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

From everything I have read, the names are NOT random. However, you will not see the same draft class twice in a franchise. There are enough classes for a full 30 year franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »