Home

So, I decided to rent Madden 09 (PS2) for spits and giggles...

This is a discussion on So, I decided to rent Madden 09 (PS2) for spits and giggles... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2009, 07:27 PM   #41
MattUMD224

OVR:
Re: So, I decided to rent Madden 09 (PS2) for spits and giggles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
Is accelerated clock in 09 on ps2?
yes

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2009, 07:37 PM   #42
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUMD224
yes
Thanks man. Im sold. I need my nfl fix until 10 comes out for ps3, plus it looks like I will be getting ncaa on ps2 as well.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:26 AM   #43
MattUMD224

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
Thanks man. Im sold. I need my nfl fix until 10 comes out for ps3, plus it looks like I will be getting ncaa on ps2 as well.
NCAA and Madden 2009 were the best football games ive played on the PS2...if i didnt have to worry about school so much last year and getting good grades i woulda played the hell of both of them but i only got in 2 good seasons for both

The gameplay is Lightyears ahead of PS3 versions and i actually had fun playing the game on Heisman and getting into those defensive battles....Yea the PS3 versions look amazing and they direction Madden is going for PS3 looks great but im a dynasty/franchise freak so im getting both on 2010 as i like to import the players

Old 06-21-2009, 12:37 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 24

PS2 Madden is best played on a standard tv. I've tried it on my HDTV, 1080p, and the graphics are horrid.Jaggies galore....

Also, there's some framerate issues as well on PS2. Slight hiccups and stutters especially after choosing the play and breaking the huddle.

Just giving a head's up....
Old 06-21-2009, 12:47 AM   #45
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm confused. What makes the old gen version of Madden 09 so special? From NG4's PS2 review (they scored it 7/10).....

"Closing Comments:
There's a point where you can tell that the emphasis has shifted to a newer console and its development cycle – Madden NFL 09 seems to have crossed that line, particularly because the gameplay feels so much like last year's title with only a handful of changes made here and there. The casual focus seems to have taken over much of the title, and while Family Play will be enjoyable for newcomers and beginners, veterans will quickly become bored or annoyed by the lack of innovation found here. It's not a horrible game, but it just doesn't do anything new at all, making it a watered down copy of last year's game with only mild items to keep your attention for a few minutes here and there."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2009, 12:49 AM   #46
MattUMD224

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
I'm confused. What makes the old gen version of Madden 09 so special? From NG4's PS2 review (they scored it 7/10).....

"Closing Comments:
There's a point where you can tell that the emphasis has shifted to a newer console and its development cycle – Madden NFL 09 seems to have crossed that line, particularly because the gameplay feels so much like last year's title with only a handful of changes made here and there. The casual focus seems to have taken over much of the title, and while Family Play will be enjoyable for newcomers and beginners, veterans will quickly become bored or annoyed by the lack of innovation found here. It's not a horrible game, but it just doesn't do anything new at all, making it a watered down copy of last year's game with only mild items to keep your attention for a few minutes here and there."
The issues that they fixed and worked on make the game more complete and fun to play

Old 06-21-2009, 01:04 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 9

^Reviews have been calling next-gen Madden good and old-gen Madden washed-up for a while. What they say doesn't hold much weight for me, personally, anymore. I'm thinking I'm gonna buy PS2 Madden and Ncaa 10 this year, maybe 360 Madden 10, but Ncaa 10 on 360 is looking soft.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:04 AM   #48
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUMD224
The issues that they fixed and worked on make the game more complete and fun to play
Are you referring to "fixes" from 08 or a patched 09?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »