Home

So, I decided to rent Madden 09 (PS2) for spits and giggles...

This is a discussion on So, I decided to rent Madden 09 (PS2) for spits and giggles... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2009, 02:40 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: So, I decided to rent Madden 09 (PS2) for spits and giggles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
This is a common misconception and I hear about it all the time. The reason people think the PS2 game has a lot of "jaggies" is because most of them are playing it on an HDTV.

Try plugging your PS2 up to a regular CRT 480i TV via composite cables. No Svideo, just the good old yellow,white and red composite cables. Playstation 2 games were developed and designed for that configuration and if you play them that way you'll see just how great they look compared to playing them on a 40 inch LCD.
Oh, I'm aware of that. Thing is, is I have a PS3 that's backwards-compatible. And that's hooked up to an HDTV. And I'm not going to move the setup to a standard tv to play one game, when all my other PS3 games are designed for the HDTV setup.

I understand what you're saying, though. Just to me, the PC version looks alot better.....

*back to topic*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2009, 05:38 PM   #66
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
Well, kinda. You're absolutely right that you don't see jaggies on a regular TV with the yellow video cable, but the reason for that is that the projected image is blurred so that you can't see the jaggies.

An LCD display of any kind is capable of displaying sharper images because it's done pixel-by-pixel. "Crispness" and "resolution" are two different things--the same quality of image shown on a CRT and LCD computer monitor will be cripser on the computer monitor, but may also reveal the limitations of that visual image, so people perceive the blurred image as "better looking."

It's similar to the way crappy guitar playing can be disguised by covering it up with a distortion pedal...same concept.
Oh I know why PS2 games look better on a standard CRT and why they don't on an HDTV. I was just letting people know how to make their games look better and get arid of those awful jaggies.

Believe or not, alot of people don't know anything about this stuff.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:38 PM   #67
Banned

xCROWDWARx's Arena

OVR: 2

1. who says spits and giggles
2. how can you only throw a out route in this game thats probably the most basic route to throw.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:41 PM   #68
MattUMD224

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCROWDWARx
1. who says spits and giggles
2. how can you only throw a out route in this game thats probably the most basic route to throw.
1. Cant Curse so thats what he said Spits and Giggles when we all know what he really meant...S***s and giggles

2.what are you talking about

Old 06-22-2009, 05:46 PM   #69
Banned

xCROWDWARx's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUMD224
1. Cant Curse so thats what he said Spits and Giggles when we all know what he really meant...S***s and giggles

2.what are you talking about
1 its stupid we cant swear its a free ****ree. oh and 2. he said that "I can actually throw an out route!" and im laughign because he said he can actualyl throw an out route and if u cant throw an out route in any madden you shouldnt be playing madden.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:12 PM   #70
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

I would like to get the PS2 version, but $40.00? I mean, really? It would be one thing if it were seriously worked on and upgraded but it's probably going to be a straight up port from last year with a roster update.

That game shouldn't sell for more then $19.99 IMO.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:04 PM   #71
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

I thought the 2003-2005 PS2 was the pinnacle of the Madden series? I had fun with the 07 PC version but if I remember correctly you couldn't stop the CPU in the 4th quarter when it was losing. Is there anything shady going on with the 09 PS2 version?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2009, 08:20 PM   #72
MattUMD224

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
I thought the 2003-2005 PS2 was the pinnacle of the Madden series? I had fun with the 07 PC version but if I remember correctly you couldn't stop the CPU in the 4th quarter when it was losing. Is there anything shady going on with the 09 PS2 version?
nothing shady at all....its a great game and complete...computer A.I. is fun to play against

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »