Home

How do you play?

This is a discussion on How do you play? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How do you spend the majority of your time playing Madden.
Strictly online. Can't wait for online franchise. Do not play offline dynasty. 19 9.90%
Play both online and offline regularly. 31 16.15%
Mostly play offline dynasty, but occasionally play online. 66 34.38%
Strictly offline (dynasty) 76 39.58%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2009, 12:46 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: How do you play?

Online for me, I just like human competition more as i get older and settled down with a family. But there's nothing like good ole trash talking to someone who actually talks back and throws curves at you her and there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2009, 12:49 PM   #26
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Its a pet-peeve of mine when people cant get it right. Madden=Franchise. NCAA=Dynasty. Get it right! lol

Old 06-19-2009, 12:58 PM   #27
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

I am a franch guy! Love to get into a franchise with a couple friends offline. It has been disapointing the last couple of years and sadly our yearly franchise has died. I am hoping this year we get it going again.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:59 PM   #28
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

Offline franchise all the way.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:42 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 9

Check out this thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...franchise.html

OVER 75% of people prefer offline franchise over online franchise- over 35% will ONLY play offline franchise.

I think that answers your question

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:35 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
it surprises me how many people say they only play a few online games and then are done for good. How many of you played ranked game? How many played unranked? in my experience unranked is the way to go. People seem to think that their online ranked rating score thingy matters at all and will play what ever way they think it takes to win. While you will find quitters and cheesers in unranked games as well [cheesers who play unranked games often do so thinking of it as "practice mode"] but a lot of people I have in unranked games like to play real football.

I am just so sick of how easy the computer is to defeat on all-pro mode and how in all-madden mode it has to cheat adn screw you over to make up for what ever skill it lacks. players running the wrong way, abandoning coverages and blocks at the most inopertune times while computer controlled players play with what appears to be 100awareness, knowing your play pre-snap and adjusting accordingly [come out in a big formation in a play action after running the ball hard and well and the defense comes out in a dime, or call a draw on 3rd and 4 out of a 4 wide spread formation and the d is in the 46. Then despite what you do in the audibles, the computer always knows what you audibled into and adjusts accordingly as well... makes me so angry and is so unfun.]
I play on All-Madden with adjusted sliders. I had a wild game last night (yes, I actually tried playing 09). I was the Eagles and the CPU was the Falcons in a Divisional Playoff Game in the rain (rain in January in Philly? Would expect it to be snow...oh wait..3/4 of Madden 09's games were in rain). I fell behind 19-3 with less than a minute left in the half after big plays by Turner and Michael Jenkins torched me on D. My WR had dropped 9 first half passes...9 FIRST HALF PASSES! I assumed it was the rain but it very well could have been my shoddy Eagles receivers.

Anyway, the Falcons are driving late in the 2nd quarter to try to put me away and Ryan tried a flat route to Tony G that I picked off with Jack Ikegwuonu and took all the way to the house. I got the "momentum" and ended up winning 23-22. It was actually pretty fun. But I tried playing another game and I was already bored.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:06 PM   #31
Rookie

canes2008's Arena

OVR: 9

offline franchise mode
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2009, 05:12 PM   #32
Rookie

MaddenAddicto's Arena

OVR: 4

Strictly online. Can't wait for online franchise. Do not play offline dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »