Home

How do you play?

This is a discussion on How do you play? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How do you spend the majority of your time playing Madden.
Strictly online. Can't wait for online franchise. Do not play offline dynasty. 19 9.90%
Play both online and offline regularly. 31 16.15%
Mostly play offline dynasty, but occasionally play online. 66 34.38%
Strictly offline (dynasty) 76 39.58%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2009, 05:24 PM   #33
MVP

funky_chicken's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: How do you play?

Strictly offline here.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:12 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

I wonder if OS represents a good portion of the Madden fanbase.. because if thats the case, then it would seem that they wasted a lot of time adding the online franchise when over 50percent of the forum plays mostly or only offline.

Or maybe more madden fans will migrate to online mode.. who knows.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:20 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 5

married to the offline franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2009, 06:26 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

To be honest. I spend most of my time in the lab. I only play online. I chef up schemes in the lab for online but I spend a lot of time in the lab.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:08 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 6

i usually will either just take my team the giants and build them up and stuff and really do not play the games. some time i fantasy draft and other times i will just take an awful team and see how long till i can make them super bowl champions.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:38 PM   #38
Pro

antixnette's Arena

OVR: 7

Strictly offline.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:44 PM   #39
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
it surprises me how many people say they only play a few online games and then are done for good. How many of you played ranked game? How many played unranked? in my experience unranked is the way to go. People seem to think that their online ranked rating score thingy matters at all and will play what ever way they think it takes to win. While you will find quitters and cheesers in unranked games as well [cheesers who play unranked games often do so thinking of it as "practice mode"] but a lot of people I have in unranked games like to play real football.

I am just so sick of how easy the computer is to defeat on all-pro mode and how in all-madden mode it has to cheat adn screw you over to make up for what ever skill it lacks. players running the wrong way, abandoning coverages and blocks at the most inopertune times while computer controlled players play with what appears to be 100awareness, knowing your play pre-snap and adjusting accordingly [come out in a big formation in a play action after running the ball hard and well and the defense comes out in a dime, or call a draw on 3rd and 4 out of a 4 wide spread formation and the d is in the 46. Then despite what you do in the audibles, the computer always knows what you audibled into and adjusts accordingly as well... makes me so angry and is so unfun.]

boy you hit tha nail on the head wit this one exactly right
Old 06-24-2009, 11:52 PM   #40
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Online only, All Pro is too easy (almost never lose regardless of matchup) and All Madden is cheap. For next gen, the game has no true sense of difficulty levels. So why bother.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »