Home

Question about imported draft classes

This is a discussion on Question about imported draft classes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2009, 01:31 AM   #1
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10
Question about imported draft classes

They have mentioned how proud they are of their created draft classes as far as gems and busts go, but will there be as many gems and busts if I import draft classes? Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2009, 01:35 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Question about imported draft classes

It should be the same

PSN ID- WoahThatGuy
Text: (910) 770-1533
Old 06-20-2009, 04:50 AM   #3
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I am sure there will be. But how many gems and busts in each draft I don't know. I guess we will find out when madden comes out in 2 months.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:27 AM   #4

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

According to the first blog, the import system was tweaked as well and we'll still get the same boom or bust prospects. It was also revealed by adembroski that every time a draft class is loaded, it will be different.

In other words, if you use the same twice 3 different times, the players' ratings in it will be different 3 different times.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:59 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
According to the first blog, the import system was tweaked as well and we'll still get the same boom or bust prospects. It was also revealed by adembroski that every time a draft class is loaded, it will be different.

In other words, if you use the same twice 3 different times, the players' ratings in it will be different 3 different times.
I think that's bull****. I don't want my imported classes to be randomized. Defeats the whole puirpose.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2009, 06:03 PM   #6
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I didn't dig too deeply into this, I'm afraid. I checked to see that the imported draft class rerates were better, and they are (much), but it's still hit and miss because you're dealing with an unbalanced game in NCAA 10.

If they could do the rerate in NCAA and then import into Madden, it'd be easier because they'd be able to adjust ratings based on more criteria, but alas, it's not the case.

As it is, there are busts and gems worked into it on the basis that just because a guy was rated low coming out of NCAA, doesn't mean their potential might not be insane. And Tim Tebow, who comes in at the 88 area, might have a really low potential. He's still an 88 coming in (maybe higher, he's one of those guys that makes you wish they could rerate in NCAA because it's hard to get the logic right for a guy with that many skills), so he's not a bad pick regardless, but if he never progresses, he's not a #1 pick kind of guy.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:04 PM   #7
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayManHCP42
I think that's bull****. I don't want my imported classes to be randomized. Defeats the whole puirpose.
So you want an entire draft full of 90+ rated players?

It doesn't take much observation to realize that a guy who's great in college isn't necessarily great in the NFL. The rerate system isn't totally random, but there's some randomization in it. Most physical skills will remain more or less the same, but intangibles can take big hits. Each rating has two possible formulas it can be put through... for instance, a rating like THA (a rating that tends to take a bigger hit than, say, speed or THP) might come in at 70-85% of it's NCAA value (picking numbers out of my head here) for "Type B" players, it'll come in at more like 80-90% of it's NCAA value for "Type A" players.

The types are based on "Is this guy an NFL type of player"... i.e. a 5'10", 175 lb QB is going to be type B, where as a 6'4", 230lb QB is going to be Type A (there are a lot of factors that feed into this, just making an "all else being equal" comparison).

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 06-20-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:13 PM   #8
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy

Yes, the formulas are applied at import, and they're percentage based, so each time you load a draft class, it's put through the rerate again. I've seen the same guy come out anything between a 75 and an 82, depending on how lucky he got.

There were three players in the first draft class (Tim Tebow, Sam Bradford, and Jermaine Gresham) who had a nasty tendency to come out too high over and over. At the worst, they'd come in at 87, 88, but some times they'd come in as high as 94. In 4 draft classes I checked (the first four to be generated by NCAA), those were the only guys who had that problem, and they were all in the first year.

-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »