Home

A couple of concerns we need answers to (defense)

This is a discussion on A couple of concerns we need answers to (defense) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2009, 01:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
A couple of concerns we need answers to (defense)

First of all, i am amazed at how great 10 is looking. Major props to the devs for all the community interaction.

The 3-4 Personell
How much of a drop-off in overall rating do players take when you switch them from their role as a 4-3 DE to a 3-4 OLB? This is a really big deal. We see it all the time in the NFL: Teams drafting 4-3 DE's to fit in their 3-4 scheme as an OLB. Can we do the same in Madden 10?

Defensive Player Progression
Is progression based solely on individual performace? Or is it also based on performance as a defensive unit? 3-4 NT's and DE's don't really make tackles in real life. It's not their purpose. They are on the line to eat up blocks and allow the LB's to make the play. If progression is only based on individual performace (like number of tackles per season) the D-line in a 3-4 couldn't really progress...

EDIT: Oh, and will 3-4 CPU teams in franchise occasionally draft DE's to become OLB's?

Last edited by OSTAJ34; 06-20-2009 at 02:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2009, 01:42 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: A couple of concerns we need answers to (defense)

its based off their rating as a DE. if they have somewhat good AWR or coverage ratings then they should be fine

PSN ID- WoahThatGuy
Text: (910) 770-1533
Old 06-20-2009, 01:42 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Whenever I edited a player in 09, whether it be their position or even just their number or gear they wore, they're attributes never seemed to increase or decrease. Im not sure if they fixed this or not.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:40 AM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSTAJ34
First of all, i am amazed at how great 10 is looking. Major props to the devs for all the community interaction.

The 3-4 Personell
How much of a drop-off in overall rating do players take when you switch them from their role as a 4-3 DE to a 3-4 OLB? This is a really big deal. We see it all the time in the NFL: Teams drafting 4-3 DE's to fit in their 3-4 scheme as an OLB. Can we do the same in Madden 10?

Defensive Player Progression
Is progression based solely on individual performace? Or is it also based on performance as a defensive unit? 3-4 NT's and DE's don't really make tackles in real life. It's not their purpose. They are on the line to eat up blocks and allow the LB's to make the play. If progression is only based on individual performace (like number of tackles per season) the D-line in a 3-4 couldn't really progress...

EDIT: Oh, and will 3-4 CPU teams in franchise occasionally draft DE's to become OLB's?
Well when I play ncaa 09. I get to the offseason and when I have a chance to switch my players like from DE to DT there overall would drop by 3-5 points. So I am assuming that will be in madden 10 aswell.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:55 AM   #5
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

every player drops in ratings when changing positions but Aaron Kampman
Old 06-20-2009, 03:50 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

bump. anyone know about progression?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »