Home

Does CPU Peyton still take FOREVER to snap the ball?

This is a discussion on Does CPU Peyton still take FOREVER to snap the ball? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2009, 11:45 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Does CPU Peyton still take FOREVER to snap the ball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca Brasi
Agree. Of all the things to complain about,this imo isn't one of them. IT'S REALISTIC for Manning to sit back there barking out audibles,line protections,etc etc. If anyone watched any Steelers games last year i'd be willing to bet that at least 90% of the time Big Ben snapped the ball with one second left on the playclock.

Plus i look at it this way-it gives me time to set my D
Very true. It seemed like almost every play they were on the edge of a delay of game penalty. The problem in game is just that you have to run shorter quarter lengths and burning the 40 seconds hurts the stats. You should be able to counter that by maybe adding a minute to each quarter, and possibly change up your own routine and snap the ball earlier/later. In my games I find that I usually got around 130-140 plays per game instead of the usual 115-130, so I started snapping the ball inside 5 seconds each time and it pretty much fixed my problem.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:58 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch0ne
Ever since Madden 06, Manning has been using hot routes, audibles and formation changes EVERY SINGLE PLAY. This is obviously exaggerated, because in real life, he probably changes the play every 5-6 plays. Not only that, but in Madden 09, he waits for the play clock to go to 1 before snapping the ball every time! Which pretty much cuts down TOP, which cuts down sim stats. This was one of the main reasons I HATED facing the Colts, not because he was good, but because he took forever snapping the ball. Half the time im just watching the screen waiting for him to snap it. Has this been fixed?
Well to your bolded statement in the 4-5 years I have been a Colts fan I don't think I have ever watched him snap the ball before the 3 seconds left mark on the play clock unless it was completely necessary(less than 2 minutes left in the game with no timeouts) But I agree they shouldn't do this in Madden because we don't play 12 minute quarters...

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 06-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlarsen
I think it's actually one pass and two runs, one inside, one outside. But I agree with you, if it's in the game, it should be in the game...no?
You are correct sir

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 06-20-2009, 12:29 PM   #20
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeriousNorwood
While him calling hot routes may be sim to an extent, Manning kills another sim part of the game... stats. I personally would rather have sim stats than have Manning do his realistic stuff before the play. When Manning does that every play it really messes stats up because of how long it takes.
If you want sim stats, try playing a more sim game against the colts. Try 8 or 10min quarters against indy. I play all my games at a minimum of 8min quarters myself. When M10 comes out I expect to play 15min with 20 or 15sec accel clock on.

Also, manning not only makes a LOT audible changes [many of them fake IRL], but go back to the last colts game against the Chargers, In the first half the announcers said something core football fans already know, that Manning doesn't even call the real play until inside 10seconds on the play clock. The Colts also run hurry up almost all game long to keep the D from subbing and forcing them to adjust on the fly like the Colts are prepared to do. This gives them an edge.

-Side tangent: If you want sim stats and a sim game, you should even be playing madden 09, it's aweful.-

In that chargers game, Indy realised and adjusted in the second half that the Chargers were waiting to call their real defense while inside 10sec in responce to Manning making his calls to confuse him and force mistakes [which was working very well.] and as a result the colts began calling the "real" play and snaping the ball with 15 or more seconds off of the play clock.

Again, 5min, or even 8min quarters with a 40sec play clock is not sim, so when Manning drags it down to 1-5 sec, he is abusing the play clock, the honest answer if stats are that improtant to you is to make the game longer becasue Video manning does a relatively good job of mimicking real life Manning [though it could be better]
Old 06-20-2009, 01:22 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This board is incredible. People scream "we want sim" all ****ing day and when the game does something thats realistic (Sim) people complain. LOL.
This.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2009, 01:27 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeriousNorwood
While him calling hot routes may be sim to an extent, Manning kills another sim part of the game... stats. I personally would rather have sim stats than have Manning do his realistic stuff before the play. When Manning does that every play it really messes stats up because of how long it takes.
Then you should play 15 minute quarters and run the play clock down as well...that would be...SIM...right?
Old 06-20-2009, 01:47 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 6

I actually look forward to playing against Payton. I play 15 min quarters. I suggest you do the same when you play him.

If you play 7-8 just to have sim-like stats on an obviously flawed game (offenses snapping the ball with 20 sec left) then you can't complain that Payton is the only QB that plays most realistically to his counterpart in-game.

Last edited by fcb-santana; 06-20-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:50 PM   #24
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This board is incredible. People scream "we want sim" all ****ing day and when the game does something thats realistic (Sim) people complain. LOL. The acc clock should "fix" this issue.
AMEN!

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »