Home

Does CPU Peyton still take FOREVER to snap the ball?

This is a discussion on Does CPU Peyton still take FOREVER to snap the ball? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2009, 02:04 PM   #25
T9R
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Does CPU Peyton still take FOREVER to snap the ball?

Adjustments, sure no problem. In real life Manning makes them and they are most often a finger point or two identifying the defense and making adjustments.

The problem is when Spazzo Manning and the Colts start hopping in and out of 3 formations every snap with ugly robotic animations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2009, 02:12 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This board is incredible. People scream "we want sim" all ****ing day and when the game does something thats realistic (Sim) people complain. LOL. The acc clock should "fix" this issue.
Best post of 2009 as far as I'm concerned.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:15 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 18

i hate payton manning any ways so if they make him suck more because this thread i will be dissapointed and i will just say ..... WOW ..... dat sucks ... lol ... i like it the way it is....
Old 06-20-2009, 02:32 PM   #28
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

I think the issue with Payton in Madden isn't really the time he takes at the line, it's the fact that he actually makes the adjustments every play. In real life, he actually does take forever on seemingly nearly every play (meaning that the time issue isn't really an issue overall), but he's bluffing for a fair portion of them.

That said, I imagine it's hard to program something like that into the game with 100% accuracy, as this is a very particular set of circumstances. If they can tone it down or balance it better, great...but personally, I'd rather have it be a tad overdone than not in at all.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:09 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 9

I always liked that they did this for Peyton, but I wish they would have all the other QBs at least snap the ball inside 5-10 seconds most of the time instead of at like 20. That would make it easier to set your quarter lengths and not have to adjust for the Colts. And accelerated clock would make it so you wouldn't have to wait the whole 30 seconds before the snap.

If the snaps were done at the right time, and the human kept their end of the bargain by snapping inside 10 seconds, (and 2 minute drills weren't thoroughly messed up), there would be no reason to use anything but 15 minute quarters to get realistic stats.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:01 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 6

Why does everyone complain about Peyton doing this? I mean first it is really realistic and "SIM" and I dont think is annoying.

Now what is annoying is when i play as the Giants and I have to get delay of game calls, call wasted TOs and bring the play clock to one to be "SIM".

I guess it runs in the Manning family
Old 06-21-2009, 12:31 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 7

I disagree about him not making changes every single play. I know he does. Sometimes he yells, makes ugly faces, point fingers, and I've heard him and Brady can like at a receiver a certain way and make route adjustments. If its in the game....its not in the game?

Oh and SoxFan was head on about him bluffing too.

Last edited by ChampN252; 06-21-2009 at 12:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2009, 12:43 AM   #32
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This board is incredible. People scream "we want sim" all ****ing day and when the game does something thats realistic (Sim) people complain. LOL. The acc clock should "fix" this issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »