Home

Apexisfree Latest Madden 10 Comparisons

This is a discussion on Apexisfree Latest Madden 10 Comparisons within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 05:36 PM   #25
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Apexisfree Latest Madden 10 Comparisons

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckinAPhilliezhat
Im thinking you need help...and now...I say running and you say everything..what is wrong with you? anyway..As for your second question(the one that makes some sense)..This year they tried improving the running animation upon what they already had..so maybe you can answer your own question...can they?
Did you watch the videos? I asked if you were agreeing with Apex about them needing to scrap everything except the joystick configuration. That was the point of what I said and that lead to the other question I asked about it being improved. I am glad you don't agree with Apex on that one.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:36 PM   #26
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
Ah come on, Ian worked on Madden 2005. Of course Madden needs to do some of the things that 2k5 did, but many would agree with me that Madden 2005 was better than 2k5 in the game play department. I never played franchise mode in 2k5, but Madden 2005 had the best IMO, but consider that I didn't play 2k5's. Name some of the things that Madden 10 is doing to appeal to 2k5 gamers that ESPN NFL 2k5 had gameplay-wise, and they didn't have Pro-Tak.
While I'll agree Madden 05 was a great game with great gameplay, it was definitely not more raelistic than NFL 2k5. Which game people prefer can be argued all day, but when it came to realistic gameplay elements, 2k5 had Madden, and for the most part still does until we all play Madden 10.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-20-2009, 05:37 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Ah come on, Ian worked on Madden 2005. Of course Madden needs to do some of the things that 2k5 did, but many would agree with me that Madden 2005 was better than 2k5 in the game play department. I never played franchise mode in 2k5, but Madden 2005 had the best IMO, but consider that I didn't play 2k5's. Name some of the things that Madden 10 is doing to appeal to 2k5 gamers that ESPN NFL 2k5 had gameplay-wise, and they didn't have Pro-Tak.
And many would agree with me that 2k5's gameplay blew Madden's away. It's all anecdotal and subjective.

Madden did have a better franchise mode but gameplay is highly debatable. And that is what we need now but no longer have the luxury.

Old 06-20-2009, 05:42 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Did you watch the videos? I asked if you were agreeing with Apex about them needing to scrap everything except the joystick configuration. That was the point of what I said and that lead to the other question I asked about it being improved. I am glad you don't agree with Apex on that one.

I agree with him that the game engine needs to be scrapped and properly rebuilt. This is next-gen, we get games like Bioshock, Mass Effect, Forza and then you look at the football genre, it's embarrasing.

We should be totally immersed in what it feels like to be on that field on a Sunday afternoon by now. I should be able to hear Ray Lewis in my rear speakers when I run past him. We should have a game that looks like Backbreaker but with all the depth of last gen. If you don't believe this or don't want this, I have to question you as a gamer.

Old 06-20-2009, 05:45 PM   #29
Banned

Man it seems every time someon critiques Madden in a negative way it gets the lil girlies panties in a bunch and seem to come off as kiss arses to me.

Let the man have his opinion, I agree with the sim ballers here on almost every account if not all. And also most of you guys bashing the man and his video probably never really dressed up in full uniform for a REAL FOOTBALL GAME, if you did then maybe you would respect where most people are coming from with there ways the game should be.

Madden looked NEXT GEN to me when it debuted in 06,07 and I thought they were gonna build up from there and fine tune the game play and animations and yet we get an HD PS2 version but with out the side dishes.

Whatever happend to getting skinny running thru the LOS?
Look at how the great Barry Sanders use to run, we dont see that type of style of animation in this game.

I would like to see broken defenses punished by great offensive playcalling and vice versa and from the looks of that vid it doesnt look like there will be too many broken runs the way the DEs have been programmed the last few maddens.

Oh, has the make up speed crap been fixed?
Old 06-20-2009, 05:47 PM   #30
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
While I'll agree Madden 05 was a great game with great gameplay, it was definitely not more raelistic than NFL 2k5. Which game people prefer can be argued all day, but when it came to realistic gameplay elements, 2k5 had Madden, and for the most part still does until we all play Madden 10.
Very true. And that's part of the point to remember in all this, IMO. The easiest way to make the endless comparisons and stuff like what Apex is doing go away, is to out-do what already has been done.

I'm not talking about people harping on every last detail, I'm simply talking about elements that were already done before. None of these arguments would hold as much weight if they didn't have 2-5 year evidence to back it up. Ian's said as much himself, he wants to "put the 2K talk to rest."

The only way to do that (in theory, of course...I think it's fair to say that some people will worship that game to the grave) is to make sure it has nothing on you.

All that said, I do think the whole argument that this game is all marketing hype is nonsense. It drives me batty when people say stuff like "it should have already been done...". Well of course! But that doesn't mean they should continue not doing it...lol. They screwed the pooch on "next gen" Madden. We all know that. You've gotta start from somewhere though.

Also, Ian has said many times that there is no "engine" to rebuild. They have been working on rebuilding various components of how the game plays. It takes time is all...especially after the debacle they turned the game into early on.

People also seem to forget that ""next gen" Madden was done from scratch. It's not that they are trying to "take out features and re-add them, pretending they're new". They were never in the current crop of Madden's to begin with. They dropped the ball, no doubt, but to criticize them for trying to pick it back up is ridiculous IMO.

It will take time, and I personally don't believe Madden 10 will be the game that "dethrones" 2K5. I'm simply hoping it will be the first noticeable step in getting to where it should be.

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 06-20-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:48 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

And we can Rocket catch. SIM LOL OK EA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2009, 05:55 PM   #32
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance4g63
I agree with him that the game engine needs to be scrapped and properly rebuilt. This is next-gen, we get games like Bioshock, Mass Effect, Forza and then you look at the football genre, it's embarrasing.

We should be totally immersed in what it feels like to be on that field on a Sunday afternoon by now. I should be able to hear Ray Lewis in my rear speakers when I run past him. We should have a game that looks like Backbreaker but with all the depth of last gen. If you don't believe this or don't want this, I have to question you as a gamer.
I already explained to you about what Madden's "engines" are, so no need to go back over that. What you still fail to believe is that everything from last-gen was already scrapped during the next-gen transition, and according to your words, there is nothing really different between next-gen Maddens and last-gen Maddens. Also you CAN'T compare Bioshock, Mass Effect, and Forza to Madden NFL-a SPORTS game, that have only about 9 months worth of development time compared to the many years that those other games have.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »