Home

Madden Playbooks?

This is a discussion on Madden Playbooks? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2009, 02:36 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Madden Playbooks?

I know the goal of Ian and company was to make every team (and player) play like their real life counterparts. After playing the NCAA demo I did like Floridas playbook and I think it was pretty true to life to what their playbook would actually look like.

My question to you guys is, for your favorite team what kind of special formations or plays would you like to see them add this year? I am a big Ravens fan and I know a big reason for the success they had last year was how well they ran the "unbalanced line." LBZ I know you are a Ravens fan did they have this in your CD build?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2009, 02:59 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Madden Playbooks?

yes they have unbalanced lines in their pb...it even shows one in the videos from what I saw
Old 06-21-2009, 03:19 PM   #3
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I just want my panthers to have their own playbook. Instead of them having the same plays and playbook like it was in madden 09. I could not stand seeing everyteam last year madden have the same playbook and just bout the same plays. Thats why I hope like ncaa 10 that madden team made madden 10 playbooks more deeper.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:26 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

eagles should have some of the weirdest blitz packages known to man
Old 06-21-2009, 03:34 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

gameplayer321 --I agree with ya they better because jim johnson creates some crazy stuff also i like some of new offense plays they showed for the eagles.im getting a feeling they added at least 20 new plays n combine from the games they saw on tv plus madden 09 playbook.I am eagles fan of course
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2009, 04:29 PM   #6
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Madden playbooks are going to always look generic compared to NCAA's, when in reality, Madden's have always been much closer to life.

What people rarely realize is 90% of whatever one team runs is ran by pretty much the entire league. There are a lot of basics in the NFL that repeat themselves, sometimes in different forms (different personnel, different formations) from one team to the next.

Prior to the Cowboys Superbowl runs of the early '90s, there was a lot of uniqueness to NFL playbooks. You had your Lombardi power teams (The Cowboys), West Coast teams (49ers), K-Gun (Buffalo), Single Back Power (Washington), but after '94 or so they all started to merge.

The closest thing to an innovative offense (and I'm talking base offense, not Wildcat type supplemental packages) we've had since then is the Martz spread (not to be confused with College Football's Spread Option), and that was really combining concepts from existing offenses; the real innovation was focusing on speed routes rather than timing; something that, like a Power Run attack, only works if you've got the talent to do it.

So, basically, now days you have Power Run teams and Stretch/Zone run teams, then there's Pro Spread passing teams and West Coast passing teams. And that's pretty much it.

I think you'll see the 49ers running something very similar to the early '90s Cowboys offense this year, btw. It'll be pretty retro, I'm looking forward too it.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:38 PM   #7
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
I just want my panthers to have their own playbook. Instead of them having the same plays and playbook like it was in madden 09. I could not stand seeing everyteam last year madden have the same playbook and just bout the same plays. Thats why I hope like ncaa 10 that madden team made madden 10 playbooks more deeper.
Actually, the playbooks used to be the same from Madden 06 to Madden 08, but for Madden 09, a lot of new plays were added.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:04 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Madden playbooks are going to always look generic compared to NCAA's, when in reality, Madden's have always been much closer to life.

What people rarely realize is 90% of whatever one team runs is ran by pretty much the entire league. There are a lot of basics in the NFL that repeat themselves, sometimes in different forms (different personnel, different formations) from one team to the next.

Prior to the Cowboys Superbowl runs of the early '90s, there was a lot of uniqueness to NFL playbooks. You had your Lombardi power teams (The Cowboys), West Coast teams (49ers), K-Gun (Buffalo), Single Back Power (Washington), but after '94 or so they all started to merge.

The closest thing to an innovative offense (and I'm talking base offense, not Wildcat type supplemental packages) we've had since then is the Martz spread (not to be confused with College Football's Spread Option), and that was really combining concepts from existing offenses; the real innovation was focusing on speed routes rather than timing; something that, like a Power Run attack, only works if you've got the talent to do it.

So, basically, now days you have Power Run teams and Stretch/Zone run teams, then there's Pro Spread passing teams and West Coast passing teams. And that's pretty much it.

I think you'll see the 49ers running something very similar to the early '90s Cowboys offense this year, btw. It'll be pretty retro, I'm looking forward too it.
Thank you, somebody other than myself knows that everybody uses the same stuff....the same route combos, mostly the same formations.They mostly just take an existing formation and move a player 2 yards 1 way more... They just move people around personell wise. You can download alot of nfl and ncaa playbooks and everyone runs the same thing (it will also help your madden game out, esp in 09, its like getting free ebooks...lol)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »