Home

What exactly is the cause for the problem with the running animations?

This is a discussion on What exactly is the cause for the problem with the running animations? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2009, 08:26 PM   #65
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: What exactly is the cause for the problem with the running animations?

What exactly is involved in changing the animation? Is it just a push of some buttons, and done? Or is it a like a very involved process, that takes away manpower and resources? They already have the mo-cap stuff done, so they would just need to play with the speeds and timing, correct?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2009, 08:31 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothead
What exactly is involved in changing the animation? Is it just a push of some buttons, and done? Or is it a like a very involved process, that takes away manpower and resources? They already have the mo-cap stuff done, so they would just need to play with the speeds and timing, correct?
Oh I would imagine it is a very tedious process, it is a lot more then just motion capture. I would imagine a tremendous amount of code change for the reactive element the new suite of animations would bring, I don't think it is as simple as JUST changing the running animations as they belong to the same library of protocols as all other movement on the field. I guess it is a matter of adjusting and tweaking, which was attempted earlier, or actually wiping and reanimating the whole game.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:33 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren_Peace
when will Ian or someone comment on the this running issue. Cause it's getting a lot of attention lately. And it won't end unless someone form EA says something about it.

"Here me knocking?......We'll let me in!"
They seem to be M.I.A. recently around here...wonder why
Old 06-21-2009, 08:33 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothead

Nothing in a videogame development is just pushing buttons. It's most likely a very involved process, you have to get all the various animations to mesh and flow together, then you have to implement them into the game and have the gameplay, controls, physics, and animations interact with each other in a realistic fashon.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:37 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
They seem to be M.I.A. recently around here...wonder why
I think it is a good reason and a positive one at that. After the weapon bug was found I think he said they would be doing some heavy testing.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:38 PM   #70
Rookie

MCNABB51BOI's Arena

OVR: 5

this is 2009 for years on ps2 i could eat up guys on one-ones in the open field with just stick skills alone. now with the way the guys move you just cant do that anymore

on defense you had to take the right angles or a running back would make a cut and you go flying by. running the ball you had to lay off speed burst to make a good clean cut . what happened to that? cmon EA
Old 06-21-2009, 08:43 PM   #71
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
I think the problem is when making a topic and trying to make an point you should use a word other then "CHURN" to describe how you believe the legs and feet should move. Explain and describe what you mean, "Churn" just doesn't cut it. All that makes me think of is butter.
That's why I posted a video dude...for you to see it with your own two eyes. And I hope you were just being a smart *** because churn doesn't just pertain to making butter.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/churn

But I have a feeling you already knew that...

ONCE AGAIN, my only complaint about the running animation is the rate at which the player's legs and feet move when he's running

Madden running animation

REAL PERSON RUNNING (LOOK...AT...HIS....LEGS AND FEET)

Do you understand now? Or do I have to go into painful detail as to what you're seeing right there?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2009, 08:45 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 9

The video is a little bit lower of quality, but it's still a good watch to see different phases of running.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0vFhKsTnwU

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »