Home

Super Star mode still Unchanged Again?

This is a discussion on Super Star mode still Unchanged Again? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2009, 08:18 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Super Star mode still Unchanged Again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckinAPhilliezhat
Yea...because nobodys ever really imagined being a superstar in the nfl..what loser thought of that?(sarcasm)
Yes, I have to say, that controlling Hines Ward in Super Star Mode is a blast and truly captures what it's like to be a super star.

(sarcasm yet again).

My favorite part of Super Star Mode was when I had to answer the DNA questions about my parents: Dad was a truck driver, Uncle Bob was a janitor, etc.

Thrilling Times.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:23 PM   #18
Banned

Bottom Line: Super Star Mode is implemented into the game to widen the audiences appeal for Madden. It primarily is targeted for a younger (12-19) age bracket. As I said...."kiddy" element injected into the game...via Super Star Mode.

I'm not a kid. Are you?
Old 06-21-2009, 08:31 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewmtg
Bottom Line: Super Star Mode is implemented into the game to widen the audiences appeal for Madden. It primarily is targeted for a younger (12-19) age bracket. As I said...."kiddy" element injected into the game...via Super Star Mode.

I'm not a kid. Are you?
I'm 31 and don't think the superstar mode has anything to do with being kiddy. Where do you get that idea from? The camera view just need to be changed.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:56 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Yes, I have to say, that controlling Hines Ward in Super Star Mode is a blast and truly captures what it's like to be a super star.

(sarcasm yet again).

My favorite part of Super Star Mode was when I had to answer the DNA questions about my parents: Dad was a truck driver, Uncle Bob was a janitor, etc.

Thrilling Times.
So I guess the more mature thing for me to do is sit in my room and pretend Im running a franchise?

Superstar mode as it is..well..its garbage..Thats why people want it changed..Franchise was garbage at one time too..If it was up to you they'd probably just scrap every mode..but hey..the gameplay would be good(sarcasm two times).

p.s. there is nothing...and i mean nothing...all that manly about playing video games.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:03 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckinAPhilliezhat
So I guess the more mature thing for me to do is sit in my room and pretend Im running a franchise?

Superstar mode as it is..well..its garbage..Thats why people want it changed..Franchise was garbage at one time too..If it was up to you they'd probably just scrap every mode..but hey..the gameplay would be good(sarcasm two times).

p.s. there is nothing...and i mean nothing...all that manly about playing video games.

Well I can't speak for anyone else, but playing as Mario in all those Mario games prompted me to grow a mustache. Mustaches are manly...

(smirk)...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2009, 10:07 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Well I can't speak for anyone else, but playing as Mario in all those Mario games prompted me to grow a mustache. Mustaches are manly...

(smirk)...

I don't understand how this topic turned into Video Games not being manly?

2009/2010 Season
49ers Record: 0-0-0

PSN ID: PDubNiner and Token420
Old 06-21-2009, 10:12 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed O'Neil

Well..It all started when I wanted superstar mode improved..then somebody said superstar mode was made for kids..and there you have it.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:13 PM   #24
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed O'Neil

It's because some people don't like Superstar Mode and turned the discussion into a lets scrap it, Superstar Mode isn't manly-type of thing. My opinion is that some people like Superstar Mode and it deserves to stay in the game for them, but it should be improved, others think that it should be scrapped to improve something else in the game, but that would be abandoning the people who enjoy Superstar Mode. In a nutshell, Superstar Mode just needs to be improved, not scrapped.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »