Home

Super Star mode still Unchanged Again?

This is a discussion on Super Star mode still Unchanged Again? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2009, 10:30 PM   #33
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Super Star mode still Unchanged Again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckinAPhilliezhat
I know that..but you think they are going to leave it untouched for madden '11 too?
A heck of a lot of stuff was fixed for Madden 10, so I'm sure they will be improving a lot of things that they didn't improve this year. If they don't improve Superstar Mode, it's because the community either didn't demand for it to be improved or they wanted it scrapped altogether because they "think" that it will improve another part of the game.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:34 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
we are going on year 4 now.
They haven't had Franchise Mode where they want it since next gen started, until that happens Super Star Mode just isn't.

Next gen franchise mode thus far has basically been a waste of time. Last year was the best so far but before that the entire game just sucked. Last year, was better but still just average.

Until they get everything else right, gameplay, presentation, and franchise mode, super star isn't going to get much attention if any at all.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:41 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
I know that..but you think they are going to leave it untouched for madden '11 too?
I don't think it will be priority .. they have tons of animation stuff to handle first ..

They may touch it, but not make it any better ..

2009/2010 Season
49ers Record: 0-0-0

PSN ID: PDubNiner and Token420
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2009, 10:45 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraw28
they can work on more animations like jump balls, more tackle and hits animations, the sound of pads and helmets colliding
Those things will get addressed either way eventually..but I think if you can have more than one good single player game mode..then why not?

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 06-21-2009, 10:47 PM   #37
Rookie

olemish's Arena

OVR: 3

who gives a damn this mode is just fluff.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:52 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemish
who gives a damn this mode is just fluff.
Your fluff!!!!

Just messin

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 06-22-2009, 12:58 AM   #39
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

A game like Goal Line Blitz proved that there is a need and a want for a football RPG-style game.

If a well-implemented football RPG was created, with realistic progression and interactions with coaches (especially on sideline), teammates, and the media, as well as ways to make your AI teammates better, less repetitive practices, and incentives to be humble or to be arrogant, choosing your own path always has benefits and drawbacks.

Bioware could probably make a great RPG-esque system for this, and EA owns them...now there's a pipe dream

Anyway, I'd rather have other parts of the game improved, but I was so excited when this mode came out, only to play it and be extraordinarily disappointed by how bad it was. It would be great to have a good version of this, even if the RPG-style thing is $15 DLC because there isn't room on the disc.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:07 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
A game like Goal Line Blitz proved that there is a need and a want for a football RPG-style game.

If a well-implemented football RPG was created, with realistic progression and interactions with coaches (especially on sideline), teammates, and the media, as well as ways to make your AI teammates better, less repetitive practices, and incentives to be humble or to be arrogant, choosing your own path always has benefits and drawbacks.

Bioware could probably make a great RPG-esque system for this, and EA owns them...now there's a pipe dream

Anyway, I'd rather have other parts of the game improved, but I was so excited when this mode came out, only to play it and be extraordinarily disappointed by how bad it was. It would be great to have a good version of this, even if the RPG-style thing is $15 DLC because there isn't room on the disc.
+1

SS has potential to be something really fun. In NHL 09 I never touched the franchise because I was playing Be a pro.

That being said though...Franchise is no where it needs to be and I think they should make small changes to SS and completely boost franchise for M11.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »