Home

Explanation of attributes?

This is a discussion on Explanation of attributes? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 09:40 AM   #49
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Explanation of attributes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc

For all those who are asking what does what.
Is that good or bad?
Old 08-22-2009, 12:35 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Magic
Anybody know what the pursuit rating does?
I would imagine that the pursuit rating only comes into affect when you aren't controlling a defender. The pursuit rating dictates whether or not a defender will take the proper angle towards a ballcarrier in order to make a tackle. Players with bad pursuit ratings will frequently overrun the player or take bad angles.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:30 PM   #51
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

I would like an explanation of the offensive line/defensive line attributes, because as far as I can tell, they do absolutely nothing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 06:14 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 9

Ratings do not mean anything, everything is dictated by animations. Youtube RyanMoody21 and Apexisfree for reference.

Throwing my 2 scents about 2K's ratings.

Strength (STR) for a player was always based on the 225 Bench Reps. Brady Quinn has 67 STR, so that means he benched 225 lbs 24x. STR also means something in the game.

Aggressiveness/Aggression (AGG) determines if that player scrambles a lot when being pursued by a ball carrier. Michael Vick has 99 AGG, he will run a lot more often when a guy breaks threw the line.

Scramble (SCR): Considering Michael Vick has 99 SCR (Scramble Rating), he is very accurate throwing on the run as opposed to Jake Delhomme (10 SCR), who wont be so accurate throwing on the run.

Run Style: Power, Finesse, Balanced. Power, the player will use stiff arms and shoulder charge much more often. Finesse, the player will juke and use spin moves. Balanced is a little bit of both.

Darren Sproles = Finesse
Brandon Jacobs = Power
DeShaun Foster = Balanced

in 2K5, this is what the CPU will dictate what the player will do. If you play against Brandon Jacobs on the CPU, he will run like a power back. Darren Sproles will run like a finesse back, using his speed to elude defenders - in Madden, Sproles will be shoulder charging on some plays (unreal). If I go to edit Brandon Jacobs' attributes and change his run style to FINESSE, he will do a lot of spin moves and jukes opposed to the stiff arm and shoulder charging he did when his style was set for POWER.

Arm Strength: How fast a player throws the football in MPH. You'll see a lot of QBs in the game with 63-68 throwing power and in Madden they'll have cannons.

Read Coverage (RCOV): if a player throws a lot of interceptions, he is very low in this particular area.

Composure (COM): dictates how the pass will be when being hurried by a defender. Brett Favre has higher composure (99) then Brady Quinn (67) so if Favre is being rushed, the ball will be more accurate then if Quinn was being rushed, the ball accuracy would be negated to where you'd have to user control the WR to complete the route (overthrow or under). Depends.

Consistency (CON): Rookies generally have a low rating in this area, and it is how your progress goes throughout a game. It will never be the same as the next. You might misfire on some plays, you may not.

Leadership (LDR): This rating determines if the guy is a come back kid. Ben Roethlisberger has 98 leadership, so if his team is down in the 4th quarter, he will become better and try making a comeback as opposed to JaMarcus Russell who has 40 Leadership rating wont be going for the comeback.

Just my 2KCents and hope Ian takes some notes.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:49 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 15

Can a dev please step in here and explain what attributes do, sliders as well? Please.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:52 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
Can a dev please step in here and explain what attributes do, sliders as well? Please.
Read page 4 and I think 5 of this thread and you will have the devs explanation of ratings. As for sliders, IDK.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:28 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 15

This is from Ian when asked can we have an in depth explanation of sliders and ratings? He wrote back and said, "it's been on my to-do list or a bit actually but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I hope to soon."
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »