Home

Auto Instant Replays - How Important?

This is a discussion on Auto Instant Replays - How Important? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2009, 08:58 AM   #1
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19
Auto Instant Replays - How Important?

I'm going to try again...

My first thread about auto instant replays was deleted - probably because it was titled "Ea Devs, Instant Replays", or something like that.

On the second thread about instant replays, I made the mistake of writing "I couldn't find" the first thread rather than that it had been deleted. The mod wrote "search harder" and locked it. That original thread does not exist anymore, or if it does, it's not being picked up by searches of threads started by user name 2krules in the Madden forums.

Therefore, I make my 3rd attempt, because I want to do everything I can to get this issue noticed by someone who might be able to do something about it. This thread takes a different approach than the first two.

The gameplay videos of Madden 10 that we have seen have shown a shockingly low occurrence of auto instant replays. Whether the gamers are just skipping the instant replays, we do not know, because no one has told us, though we have asked.

That brings me to my question: As far as presentation is concerned, how important are auto instant replays to you? Please answer the question on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the most important. Please do not compare to the importance you place on gameplay. This thread is for discussion of presentation.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2009, 09:10 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Auto Instant Replays - How Important?

10, On Sundays they have an instant replay after every play, that's what I see on Sundays! Now that may be a little much but I rather have more then less. If you don't want to see them then just skip through them.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:13 AM   #3
Pro

masterkembo's Arena

OVR: 9

10 for sure.

Auto replays add a lot to the game IMO. There should also be some sort of slider to control how often there are replays.

After every touchdown there should be at least 2 replays from different angles and I want to see replays on big hits, key first downs, turnovers, etc.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:33 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

well they said it would be alot of customization in Madden 10 so there SHOULD be a slider to dictate how often they appear.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:42 AM   #5
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

10 for me. I think they dropped the ball this year anyway as far as the instant replays go because they don't have the commentary to accompany the replay. I'd love to see replays of defensive stops, injuries, and penalties. I don't think we'll be getting replay analysis this year so I know we won't be getting replays of these things.

I still think we should get replays as much as possible. I don't care if it's a 1 yard touchdown run we should get a replays of every significant play, and maybe some so not significant plays just to add to the broadcast feel.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2009, 10:44 AM   #6
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
I'm going to try again...

My first thread about auto instant replays was deleted - probably because it was titled "Ea Devs, Instant Replays", or something like that.

On the second thread about instant replays, I made the mistake of writing "I couldn't find" the first thread rather than that it had been deleted. The mod wrote "search harder" and locked it. That original thread does not exist anymore, or if it does, it's not being picked up by searches of threads started by user name 2krules in the Madden forums.

Therefore, I make my 3rd attempt, because I want to do everything I can to get this issue noticed by someone who might be able to do something about it. This thread takes a different approach than the first two.

The gameplay videos of Madden 10 that we have seen have shown a shockingly low occurrence of auto instant replays. Whether the gamers are just skipping the instant replays, we do not know, because no one has told us, though we have asked.

That brings me to my question: As far as presentation is concerned, how important are auto instant replays to you? Please answer the question on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the most important. Please do not compare to the importance you place on gameplay. This thread is for discussion of presentation.

Thanks
Definite a 10. I am afraid that i do not think they are skipping them because there is no way they could press the button that fast on the controller without the NFL logo coming up before it auto replays. You see this happen on one of the vids (not sure which one) the logo flashes up for the auto replay and one of the guys presses the button before it starts and it takes you back to the action.
But heres hoping i am wrong
Old 06-23-2009, 10:47 AM   #7
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

10. Without a doubt the biggest reason I felt last years Madden had no atmosphere. Oh you just kicked a 50 yard field goal to finish the game...cool games over, no replay.

A frequency slider would make my year.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:49 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Not important at all because they usually get skipped.

TRUE STORY

R.I.P. NBA LIVE Fom 1998-2005
I miss you. You use to mean so much to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »