Home

What Role will PreSeason Games have in Franchise?

This is a discussion on What Role will PreSeason Games have in Franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2009, 01:39 PM   #89
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Lightbulb Re: What Role will PreSeason Games have in Franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Not to beat a dead horse, but 'zero effect' has been the mantra for Madden's entire "Franchise Mode" on Next Gen up to this point.

Looman has done a good job of bringing back some of the meaning to Franchise Mode. However, the main problem has been adding longevity to the mode. The problem hasn't been simply pre-season not meaning anything but it has also been the entire mode meaning nothing.

I have NEVER played a Playoff game.
I have never played through more than 1 full season of next gen Madden.

Pre-Season needs to be fixed, true... but the entire mode needs to be fixed from the ground up. That is what is happening. Madden 11 needs to have some serious innovation in Franchise Mode. I know they are all about getting 'main components working' but fact of the matter is that this mode could be and should be so much more.

I can't wait to play Madden 10's Franchise Mode. - The first working next gen franchise mode.
This is a great post.

One of the main tools that they could easily use to make the replayability of franchise mode even higher, is the 360/PS3 achievements. Here are some quick ideas:

Worst to first achievement - Win Super Bowl with Lions
Playoff Berth Achievement
Hire Best OC/DC
Balance the Books - Turn a profit for the team
Earn Home Field Advantage
Football Factory - Lose a restricted free agent with a top tender offer
Rudy - Have one of your practice squad players grow to a Pro Bowler
We Shall Overcome - Make the playoffs despite losing your best (at least 90+) player for the year during the preseason

etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »