Home

What Role will PreSeason Games have in Franchise?

This is a discussion on What Role will PreSeason Games have in Franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2009, 07:57 PM   #65
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: What Role will PreSeason Games have in Franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
No, maybe something is being missed here by a few. I sim pre-season games too. I don't have time to play each game, so I sim probably 90% of my pre-season games. However, I do NOT, under any circumstances, go into the settings and turn injuries off or turn sim injuries off.
Yeah, but what is the point if IR doesn't work? I do the EXACT same thing you do. If Cedric Benson is injured for the season, oh well, I guess I have to hand it to rely on inexperienced Bernard Scott. I even jack up the injury slider for even more sim and gamplay injuries.

However, I get frustrated when I have so many injured players I have to CUT Carson Palmer to move on to the next week because the IR rules are broken.

Last edited by sois; 06-24-2009 at 08:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2009, 08:20 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 4

Alright, Donny, I agree with your answer about the value of simming preseason games with injuries on. That makes sense to me now, I think that is something I will do in the future. Can't really understand right now why i have been so reluctant to before.

But I would appreciate if you could answer these two questions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzal8
Is there significant player progression to be gained by playing those games? Will playing a backup or rookie be my best opportunity to progress them in the preseason?
Thanks
Old 06-25-2009, 01:35 AM   #67
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5

preseason isn't wortheless. ask peyton manning this year if he would go back and play the preseason and i bet you he'd be the first one in the delorian. preseason is where close competition battles are won and a lot of those guys you see are playing for a spot in the nfl. for a guy like lt, preseason is dumb but for knowshon moreno, it will be is intro to the nfl....kinda. i tell you what, if you see a starting qb sit out preseason, he won't win half as many early season games as he would if he took those snaps. for a guy who hits every play like rbs, dl, ol, and some lbs it may be counter productive but for the guys who need those play recognition skills, it is way more valueable than practice.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:09 AM   #68
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
Honestly, every time I start up the mode, wether that be to test something out or to start a new online franchise in the office, I pick a different team each time. Really think people who exclusively play as their favorite team really miss out on some cool aspects of the game of Madden. Each team, each player really has their own identity, their own brand of football they bring to the table. You don't play as the Saints to experience the power football running game, you get the best Madden experience with them if you play a spread offense and throw to Reggie Bush. On the franchise side of things, each team has a totally unique identity there as well. What kind of young players does each team have? Salary cap situations play a huge role. If you are Redskins fan and only play as Redskins, I bet you don't even know what it is like to have salary cap room in Madden franchise mode!

I'm a Tampa Bay Bucs fan. But in reality, I am a fan of the NFL. Working on Madden (doing what I do) plus 10+ years of fantasy football sort of de-sensatize you from the team and more about the players.

I've mentioned this before somewhere, I have 24 of the 32 NFL teams jerseys. I try and not wear the team of the Bucs opponent that week, but other than that, I'll wear any jersey, any time.

So me and the word homer simply don't mix I'm sad to announce. OK, enough useless info. Back to work.
does this mean we can change teams again after the season in franchise???

Old 06-25-2009, 03:26 AM   #69
Pro

OVR: 13

i don't know why you guys are still trying to 'make your case' to donnie. he hears you. madden is so close to finished. the progression in the regular season is still faulty, so how could they implement it into the preseason this late. there are decisions that had to be made and certain things had to be left out. this year, preseason was unfortunately neglected. but i strongly doubt you guys will even notice it when you're actually playing the game.

that being said, i'd love cut days, full rosters and some (but minimal) progression. here's to it for madden 11.

and on a side note, donnie mentioned playing with different teams all the time. i'm a big franchise guy, but i don't want to have to start a brand new chise every time i want to change teams. when are we going to get the option to change teams after the season back? i'm not sure if it's been confirmed or not, but that is a big negative to me... donnie. write that down on the list for madden 11
Old 06-25-2009, 04:25 AM   #70
Rookie

Zuke's Arena

OVR: 6

does how the players perform in preseason affect the progression at the end of the year?
Old 06-25-2009, 04:32 AM   #71
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
I sim the preseason with injuries off and then turn them back on for the regular season.
Man thats cool in all but you dont like to see if your players are going to stay healthy and b ready for open day? Me this is how i do it because i like to see if my players are ready for that new contract if they play well,And show me they deserve my money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2009, 07:28 AM   #72
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
I sim the preseason with injuries off and then turn them back on for the regular season.
+1 ..... I NEVER play preseason games, and ALWAYS turn off injury for preseason. That way ALL players participate in at least the first regular season game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »