Home

I'm getting madden 10 for both consoles..

This is a discussion on I'm getting madden 10 for both consoles.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2009, 10:22 AM   #17
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: I'm getting madden 10 for both consoles..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
Um, didn't Madden 09 had "over 85 new features"?
So, are you saying Ian and his team isn't telling the truth with all the blogs and videos that have been posted since the SB?

That is what you are inferring going back to the past.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 9

I am only buying it for the PS3 as I have a hatred for the 360 since I am on my 7th console since launch. I will however rent it from GameFly for the 360 to play online with some buddies.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:32 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
So, are you saying Ian and his team isn't telling the truth with all the blogs and videos that have been posted since the SB?

When people reference the 85 features thing from Madden 09, the cynicism arises that Madden 10 might actually be not much more then Madden 09 with some cutscenes, gang tackles and fumble pileups.

Some would say those "new features" should be standard in all Madden games in the first place.

I think that's what it comes down to. Not sure though - everyone has their own point of view on the issue.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:35 AM   #20
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
When people reference the 85 features thing from Madden 09, the cynicism arises that Madden 10 might actually be not much more then Madden 09 with some cutscenes, gang tackles and fumble pileups.

Some would say those "new features" should be standard in all Madden games in the first place.

I think that's what it comes down to. Not sure though - everyone has their own point of view on the issue.
I understand that, but nothing can change the past. Let's see with Madden 10 if we can embrace the future more instead of going back to the past.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:40 AM   #21
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

No, what I'm basically saying is until we have the final product in our hands and have a good week or so to play it offline and on, none of us can't say this game is going to be better or not. Unless you have a crystal ball or some other super cool telepathic abilities, you have no idea what the game is going to turn out like.

As far as Ian and co., they have a job to do. EA pays their bills and it's not like they're going to come out and tell the world "sorry guys, this game is a little better but we just didn't have enough time to get it right. Maybe 2011 will be different". They're developers first, but PR is also expected of them and until we HAVE THE GAME IN OUR HANDS we should take everything they say with a grain of salt.

Trusting Ian 100%, as if he's your blood relative of 20 years is just completely ridiculous IMO. It would be like trusting everything that comes out of a politician's mouth before election day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2009, 10:45 AM   #22
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
No, what I'm basically saying is until we have the final product in our hands and have a good week or so to play it offline and on, none of us can't say this game is going to be better or not. Unless you have a crystal ball or some other super cool telepathic abilities, you have no idea what the game is going to turn out like.

As far as Ian and co., they have a job to do. EA pays their bills and it's not like they're going to come out and tell the world "sorry guys, this game is a little better but we just didn't have enough time to get it right. Maybe 2011 will be different". They're developers first, but PR is also expected of them and until we HAVE THE GAME IN OUR HANDS we should take everything they say with a grain of salt.

Trusting Ian 100%, as if he's your blood relative of 20 years is just completely ridiculous IMO. It would be like trusting everything that comes out of a politician's mouth before election day.
I agree with most of this. No one can declare the game is a bust or solid gold until it's in their hands. They can make statements of what they observed up to this point.

Never said to trust Ian 100% because it's the net, and I haven't personally met him.

I'll add one more thing, though.

I would tend to agree with a developer that's posted here for about a year vs a developer that would come in here before the game goes gold and starts hyping the game.

That's just me, though.

Last edited by roadman; 06-24-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:52 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 12

A good example is the Madden 10 Highlight Show.

When EA first mentioned the Extra Point show I was having flashbacks to the awesome NFL Primetime Show in 2K5 with Chris Berman breaking down highlights from games around the league.

Then all my hopes were completely crushed when we saw the Extra Point show at E3 and realized it's the same exact boring highlights form Madden 09, only with a brief robotic intro from the show host. No breakdown of the plays, no commentary of any kind. And they don't even show generated highlights from other games. You just watch a handful of your own game's highlights on repeat with no audio whatsoever.

That's an example of why not all of us are 100% convinced this is really a positive shift in Madden development philosophy.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:56 AM   #24
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
A good example is the Madden 10 Highlight Show.

When EA first mentioned the Extra Point show I was having flashbacks to the awesome NFL Primetime Show in 2K5 with Chris Berman breaking down highlights from games around the league.

Then all my hopes were completely crushed when we saw the Extra Point show at E3 and realized it's the same exact boring highlights form Madden 09, only with a brief robotic intro from the show host. No breakdown of the plays, no commentary of any kind. And they don't even show generated highlights from other games. You just watch a handful of your own game's highlights on repeat with no audio whatsoever.

That's an example of why not all of us are 100% convinced this is really a positive shift in Madden development philosophy.
Did you really expect a miracoulous turnaround from the previous "crap" in one year?

As Ian said, part of this is in to start laying down the foundation for future Maddens. I'd rather lay down the foundation then mucking something else up in gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »