Home

Instead of making HC09 I wish they spent 2 years making it Madden's franchise mode

This is a discussion on Instead of making HC09 I wish they spent 2 years making it Madden's franchise mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2009, 02:53 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 37
Re: Instead of making HC09 I wish they spent 2 years making it Madden's franchise mod

Franchise mode is the only thing I play. I want to see a return to the glory days of nfl 2k5 and Madden 05.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2009, 02:56 AM   #26
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Instead of making HC09 I wish they spent 2 years making it Madden's franchise mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Thus he's at the top of his business. NFL Street did pretty well for a while. A good business is always looking to branch out and create new revenue streams... which, by the way, creates more resources with which to make the best football game conceivable.
agreed.with the exclusive license there are many avenues to explore,not just with Madden.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:57 AM   #27
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Franchise mode is the only thing I play. I want to see a return to the glory days of nfl 2k5 and Madden 05.
we all do Jaymo.....we all do
Old 06-25-2009, 03:49 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Thus he's at the top of his business. NFL Street did pretty well for a while. A good business is always looking to branch out and create new revenue streams... which, by the way, creates more resources with which to make the best football game conceivable.
Yes. I suppose that is why Madden 06, 07, 08, and 09 were the best football games conceivable /sarcasm.

great theory, but i don't think it works very well in practice.

if they really wanted to do something awesome and have more than one game, they should make yearly installments of classic NFL seasons. Give us the full licensed rosters (and contracts with these former players) of 99, then 98, then 97... 67 etc. lol I would pay for that
Old 06-25-2009, 04:30 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
HeadCoach had an issue with stability and kept crashing so as is i would say no.
I've actually only had mine crash once and I've spent umpteen hours playing it. Then again, mine's a 360 and I heard the PS3 one was less stable, although I can't remember if that was fixed via patch or not.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:51 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

As excited as I am about some of the things I've been reading about M10, I'm also worried that I'm going to feel negative about the M10 Franchise mode because I've been spoiled by the awesomeness of Head Coach. Recently I tried my first extended sitdown with Madden '09 (my CE copy collected dust while playing HC) because I wanted to get myself more hyped up for M10 but I became frustrated after only a couple seasons and had to start up a new Head Coach franchise up. I'm a GM nut (if they put out a roster update for this year for $20, I'd pay it in a heartbeat) but there's a part of me that wishes I could at least play the playoff games.

For those who wonder if M10 Franchise might have been up to HC standards if the focus would have just been on Madden, I'm not 100% sure that would be the case. I'm guessing that some of the freedom from making a spinoff game allowed for more creativity and tossing in some things that a past Madden producer might not have thought was a Madden-style feature. It also gave all of the designers some high-level experience they might not have gotten as cogs in the Madden machine. So, yeah, getting Josh and Donny for only a half a game lifecycle instead of two full ones probably hurt what could have been M10's franchise mode. But I think M11's will be all the better for it.

I'll buy M10 for the ability to play a franchise with my cousin in California. We're both primarily GM guys and haven't been able to compete in franchise mode for about six years due to distance, so I'll welcome even a bare-bones version. So I'll likely be happy even if M10 doesn't live up to expectations. But I'm salivating at the possibilities for M11.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:50 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

I feel the same way DMG. I love the depth of HC09 but wish I could play at lesast some of the games or have the option if I wanted.

Its all about depth of a franchise and one big thing for me is the storylines and player backgrounds from Adam Schefer and Todd McShay during the season. It felt like the real NFL where we fall in love with players and love to hate others. Even though these were "made up" draft prospects, I still got to know them as I moved a long. For example, I remember the Boma borthers, one was a LG and one was a RG who was 2 years younger. It was cool when I heard Shefter talking about the younger brother but referencing his older brother and how he was already in the league.

These storylines and draft presentation alone made me fall in love with HC09. Take a game like Madden and combine the presentation from HC09 and you have the greatest game of all time.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »