Home

Why have all the videos been captured in slow speed ?

This is a discussion on Why have all the videos been captured in slow speed ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2009, 10:40 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 52
Re: Why have all the videos been captured in slow speed ?

"Slow" is the default setting for offline, online uses "Normal".

I know I will be playing on Normal when the game comes out, but I typically forget to change it at work and we usually can't keep save files on our machines - if anything changes with the databases the game will crash when it tries to load the old save file.

For the comment about us wanting to make the best impression - though they may be a big deal to you guys, the general population gets a much more positive experience out of the game being slowed down, and most people at E3 (or anywhere) probably don't even notice or have any issue with the running animations.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:44 PM   #34
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA

I know I will be playing on Normal when the game comes out, but I typically forget to change it at work and we usually can't keep save files on our machines - if anything changes with the databases the game will crash when it tries to load the old save file.

For the comment about us wanting to make the best impression - though they may be a big deal to you guys, the general population gets a much more positive experience out of the game being slowed down, and most people at E3 (or anywhere) probably don't even notice or have any issue with the running animations.
Is accl clock online?
Old 06-24-2009, 10:45 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu
Is accl clock online?
Yep - I can't remember off the top of my head what the default ranked setup is, but you can do Unranked/Online Franchise games with any mix of quarter length and accelerated clock.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2009, 10:47 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:

So are the "speed" levels all 5% slower, or just when the game is played on "slow"? The one single thing i thought would improve the gameplay a bit this year was the fact that you guys slowed the overall speed a bit for more realism. I exclusively play online so that "twitch" speed from previous years kinda kills it for me.

Could you elaborate a bit on the different "speeds", and is "normal" any slower or the same as 09?

Last edited by REDRZA; 06-24-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:48 PM   #37
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Yep - I can't remember off the top of my head what the default ranked setup is, but you can do Unranked/Online Franchise games with any mix of quarter length and accelerated clock.
oh ok thanks for that...

btw..i personally hope accl clock isnt for ranked matches, i just get the feeling instead of the games being around 45min to and hour, itll be like 30 min and take away the chess match with the 5 min quarters..

But thanks for the info
Old 06-24-2009, 10:49 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 15

Any chance we can get like a quarter of gameplay at the normal game speed?

Im dying for another good Madden video and am real excited to see how all the tuning is turning out!
Old 06-24-2009, 10:49 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankbl
Here's what I'm worried about. Ian has been saying all this time that Madden is slower this year...they've really toned the game speed down this year...blah blah blah...

Are those statements true, or are they just the effects of changing the game speed in the settings??? From the way Ian and co. were making it sound, the normal game speed was now slower. If this isn't the case, I am very confused and once again deceived by EA.

EXACTLY!
Old 06-24-2009, 10:54 PM   #40
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDRZA
So is the "speed" levels all 5% slower, or just when the game is played on "slow"? The one single thing i thought would improve the gameplay a bit this year was the fact that you guys slowed the overall speed a bit for more realism. I exclusively play online so that "twitch" speed from previous years kinda kills it for me.

Could you elaborate a bit on the different "speeds", and is "normal" any slower or the same as 09?
I would like to hear this as well.

NCAA is too fast right now. Guys turning left, then right then back left without losing speed or momentum. Now I know it wont do much for momentum, but it makes it less difficult to track that player down. I feel like if it were to be slowed down to where we are seeing Madden, then it would make it a little, or maybe a lot, better. Movement is WAAY too fast in NCAA and I'm afraid that when played on normal speed, Madden will be similar to it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »