Home

We NEED to know how well Progression works

This is a discussion on We NEED to know how well Progression works within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2009, 10:24 PM   #65
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: We NEED to know how well Progression works

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDMG
That was awesome.

Yes, adembroski is very reliable. I was mainly a lurker on the old Madden Mania boards, but I distinctly remember him as one of the most interesting voices of reason on those boards. If I saw an observation from him or Bdawg, I paid close attention.
Bdawg = The Man. The #2 man on the Manifesto, if I remember right.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2009, 04:35 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Well I look at it like this...Not every player is going to reach their potential regardless of the potential grade they have.
Just wanted to add a little to this. I have no knowledge of whether they're going in this direction, so take this with a grain of salt, but Head Coach had visible potential ratings and many times if you weren't above a certain threshold by a certain point in the player's career, the potential would dip. For example, I had Jason Campbell at an 85 out of 90 after year one of a franchise. In year two (which would be his fourth year in the league), his potential dipped to 86. And, while I doubt this gets ported because the preseasons are so different, HC also hid the rookies potential until they'd gotten a certain amount of work in. Usually you'd have all of your potentials by the start of the season.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:39 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Bdawg = The Man. The #2 man on the Manifesto, if I remember right.
Ah, the Manifesto. True geekery at its best. And when I actually wanted to waste some time at work, BDawg's Lions 'chises were always entertaining as hell.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:46 AM   #68
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

So are we 100 percent sure that preseason does not factor into progression or are we just assuming it doesn't? During preseason I always make my younger players and non starters number one on my depth chart. To avoid major injuries but also to give them some playing time to hopefully get better. Will it matter in preseason this year if rookies play or not?
Old 06-26-2009, 06:14 AM   #69

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_24
So are we 100 percent sure that preseason does not factor into progression or are we just assuming it doesn't? During preseason I always make my younger players and non starters number one on my depth chart. To avoid major injuries but also to give them some playing time to hopefully get better. Will it matter in preseason this year if rookies play or not?
100% sure...Donny has already confirmed it.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:27 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
100% sure...Donny has already confirmed it.

So this leads me back to my question on the last page, if I draft a Qb and he sits on the bench for 5 years, what happens to his ratings?
Old 06-26-2009, 01:34 PM   #71

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemiller16
So this leads me back to my question on the last page, if I draft a Qb and he sits on the bench for 5 years, what happens to his ratings?
Unfortunately, according to all the info we have right now it looks like the only way for that player to progress would be for him to see the playing field.

It's really a shame that there is no preseason progression or no training camp drills to run our young guys through.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2009, 01:53 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Unfortunately, according to all the info we have right now it looks like the only way for that player to progress would be for him to see the playing field.

It's really a shame that there is no preseason progression or no training camp drills to run our young guys through.

That's too bad. I think players AWR should go up even if they are on the bench. Not as much as if they played, but at least a little bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »