Home

SPEED BURST!!!!!

This is a discussion on SPEED BURST!!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: SPEED BURST!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
With all due respect thats sort of like the people that have issues due to not having a HDTV or widescreen. Or those that complain about not having high speed internet. At some point you have to move ahead. The stick allows much more precise movement (If EA would program it that way) than the d-pad and is better overall IMO.

You simply can't keep holding back the genre and or gaming due to those that can't or wont move ahead in technology.

Not saying those that don't adapt are bad etc.. just saying at some point tech move ahead regardless...

Just my .o2
i understand what you saying...i mostly use analog, but i used d-pad for ncaa 09 cuz of that damn "stutter step / foot plant" was on analog and it sucked for me. now when i play madden i use both, it depends on where i put my hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
If you're using the d-pad, you probably don't care about analog running.
i kinda dont to be honest, its not like fifa where runnin in a circle can be highly effective. analog running for football would only be considered important for when tryin to hit the corner. on defense u run in straight lines (left to right, up to down, diagonals) and make proper angles...

but then again, im not somebody who really focus on all the extra small detailed stuff...although i think running animations suck, its not at the top of my list of things i want fixed. i actually want awesome presentation thatll keep my induced for 30 seasons plus, i want a better draft, and a better offline
Old 06-26-2009, 01:12 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

I like it but maybe limit the speed burst, for instance a user allowed to press the speed button 3 times max per player per play
Old 06-26-2009, 01:13 PM   #35
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

When EA moved the NHL series away from the speed burst, the series really opened up. It was defining. It added realism, but maintained fun. Plus, it freed up a button on the controller, and I didn't have to worry about it anymore.

I would love to see Madden move away from the speed burst button.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2009, 01:55 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 13

In all fairness, none of us have played M10 yet so we can't complain as to how the speed burst is working just yet.

I also think 88 and below is a bit extreme... an 87 speed HB can sprint for more than 5-10 yards.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:26 PM   #37
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
In all fairness, none of us have played M10 yet so we can't complain as to how the speed burst is working just yet.

I also think 88 and below is a bit extreme... an 87 speed HB can sprint for more than 5-10 yards.
One argument is there should be NO speed burst. So whether we've played 10 or not is irrelevant. Pushing the stick all the way up should result in a full sprint which equals the players speed ratings, IMO. There's no need for a "sprint" button and hopefully down the like they get rid of it OR again at least have the CPU use it to get rid of the human advantage.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-26-2009, 03:02 PM   #38
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

I'm all for getting rid of the speed burst. Sign me up.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:29 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 12

What you are asking for is fatigue.

I believe they have a plan to address this but I can't recall what it was.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:18 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 8

If there was no turbo then every player would be running in full speed all the time. Thats why there is a turbo button.

And yes I like the turbo

PSN ID- WoahThatGuy
Text: (910) 770-1533

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »