Home

What does Madden do well?

This is a discussion on What does Madden do well? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2009, 04:33 PM   #33
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: What does Madden do well?

-When your playing against a friend, The game is really fun
-Weather, the Snow games last year looked awesome
- The Stadiums
- Easy game to learn, difficult game to master
- Audio(minus Hammonds)
- Graphics
- Gameplay is hit or miss, but i will go out on a limb and say the gameplay will be great this year
Old 06-27-2009, 04:43 PM   #34
Rookie

iLukeisamazing's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
For next gen I'm sorry but the only thing Madden has done well is the quote I copied above.

I did not see anything in any of the next gen maddens that was done well. Especially since they kept taking away great features, control schemes , and many other elements away that they already had in place in last gen.

Things they had heading in the right direction on old gen they didnt bring with them into the next gen.

I'm hoping Madden 10 will change all that.
Yawn. Really? This is the ONLY thing it does well? I can't believe a person could ever say anything like that, especially since even terrible games do a couple of things well.
Atlanta Falcons
Atlanta Hawks
Old 06-27-2009, 04:43 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 9

This would be the perfect question to ask an opponent during a political debate.

"Um, well..."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2009, 04:44 PM   #36
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Another area that Madden has done well in recently is improving the accessibility of the game to newer and less-skilled players. In particular:
  • the Game Style option, which increases and decreases playcalling options to cater to both more experienced players and to not overwhelm new players
  • the EA Sports Rewind which allows for mulligans and for new players to learn from their mistakes
  • EA Sports Backtrack, which attempts to point out where a player should have put the ball on passing plays when he makes a bad read resulting in an interception or unnecessary pass into triple coverage, etc.
  • Madden IQ; while it's effectiveness for players in this community is debatable, the variable game difficulty based directly on a player's in-game skills and performance is a welcome feature

I'm pretty sure these were all introduced in Madden 09, but I'm not sure about that.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:54 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_24
Everyone talks about what Madden doesn't do well on but I wanna know what you think it does do well on. My list would be a good sense of x and os with the audible system. Finding exploits in the d and such. Franchise mode does convey what its like to run a franchise if very remotely. The graphics are amazing. Some animations are really excellent especially with specific player styles. Add any more to the list? But without comparing it to other games.
Controller Configuration is Perfect & the Graphics as well as the new Throwing animations. The new Rating system seems Perfect
Old 06-27-2009, 05:03 PM   #38
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Madden has ALWAYS been, at the very least, a fun and solid video game that always attempts to mirror the real-life NFL to the best that the technology and development time cycle, regardless of its flaws that detract from the 'sim' nature that we want the game to adhere to. To this end, it has done many things VERY well compared to other games in the genre (namely: controller responsiveness, online gameplay, gameplay mode variety, a challenging AI opponent, etc.)

There's a reason people like you, myself, and millions of others buy it every year, and it's not because it's the only football game on the market. The game wouldn't continue to exist if it wasn't at some level a good and fun video game, and for people to deny this game that much is foolish.
You are speaking more for yourself then you tend to think.

I think it foolish to think that Madden in the next gen era was fun. That is so far from the truth. There was a topic not long ago and it was pretty clear that the mass majority felt Madden on the last gen was more fun than any Madden in the next gen era. Next gen Madden was dissapointment after dissapointment.

Madden in the next gen era sold mainly at first cause it was going next gen. Many fans expected big things. After that it was hoping things would get better and the fact that it was the only NFL licensed game in the Market. To say it was for fun is not accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLukeisamazing
Yawn. Really? This is the ONLY thing it does well? I can't believe a person could ever say anything like that, especially since even terrible games do a couple of things well.
Luke you have every right to feel the way you do. You are obviously allot easier to please than I'am. I know quality when I play it and no Madden in the next gen era presented any quality.

They should have brought over features and other functions from last gen over to next gen, and this is where they messed up.

I can wright a huge list of what was missing but I'm sure you know this already.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:11 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_24
Everyone talks about what Madden doesn't do well on but I wanna know what you think it does do well on. My list would be a good sense of x and os with the audible system. Finding exploits in the d and such. Franchise mode does convey what its like to run a franchise if very remotely. The graphics are amazing. Some animations are really excellent especially with specific player styles. Add any more to the list? But without comparing it to other games.
marketing
Old 06-27-2009, 05:14 PM   #40
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

The playbooks are very well done. There are tons of receiver routes too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »