Home

Tightening the reigns for a few months (Please Read ASAP)

This is a discussion on Tightening the reigns for a few months (Please Read ASAP) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2009, 09:24 AM   #17
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Tightening the reigns for a few months (Please Read ASAP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkembo
That's not always realistic on these boards though, considering how many threads that are 20+ pages long. Some people aren't on here all the time and probably don't have time to read through some of these threads in the entirety, especially since so many pseudo-related topics get bunched into one huge thread on here sometimes.

I personally don't have a problem with any of the rules, but I also don't have a problem with people asking quick questions in a new thread, or on an old thread, without having the thread closed or getting an infraction. Usually threads fall off the front page quick enough anyway so I don't think it's a big deal.

Just my 2 cents.
I hear ya, but my feeling is if you have the time to browse into OS and look up an old thread and type out a question, you might have some time for browsing the thread. If not, then you certainly have time to click on the search function inside the thread and look up your question.

Doesn't bother me one way or the other.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:32 PM   #18
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

OVR: 8

I have been a daily (read: NERD) visitor to Operation Sports since 2003 and I believe the tightening of the reigns is over due but leaves a conundrum in its wake.

For example if I want to talk to members about their opinions of controversial topics like comeback codes I am better served to keep my keyboard silent for fear of opening up a can of worms to the new masses of trolls the sites recent celebrity and popularity has erroneously attracted. You also run the risk of confusing someone trying to contribute to a topic as a troll and vice-versa because of the inability to display tone in written text.

However, the tightening of the reigns should weed out trolls while keeping topics healthy and fresh without scaring off the invaluable developer/community interaction that has actually become game changing. For this reason alone I welcome and support it. Moderate away gentlemen!!
Old 06-30-2009, 02:16 PM   #19
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddlex
For example if I want to talk to members about their opinions of controversial topics like comeback codes I am better served to keep my keyboard silent for fear of opening up a can of worms to the new masses of trolls the sites recent celebrity and popularity has erroneously attracted.
There's always PMs.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:19 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 50

I am a newer member to this great forum and reading this post, to me, is actually helping me understand the rules and know how to react to certain occurrences. I don't take this thread as the commandments of OS, but as guidelines that should be followed in order to have a peaceful and free-spirited atmosphere here on OS.
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Old 07-01-2009, 01:18 PM   #21
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

not sure why this thread was even left open to comments, as it will just lead to trouble.
Those are the rules, and thats it people
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2009, 02:05 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

You really cant speak your mind here so i never post... but its thier board thier rules..
Old 07-06-2009, 11:41 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 13

I think "quoting" an infractioned post should be infractionable.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:32 PM   #24
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTFREE226
You really cant speak your mind here so i never post... but its thier board thier rules..
Without the members there's no such thing as "their board their rules". I love these forums because its filled with information from a great community of people. I've found myself in trouble with infractions because I've stated my opinions. I'll voice my opinion on this but I still refuse to talk in Madden forums. Do I like things being tightened around here? NO. However, I do like the fact it will control meaningless and redundant posts.

With the arrival of EA developers; the forums have become a very scary place to voice opinions. I'll keep my opinions on the EA forums which seems to be a safe place to talk. As for OS; I'll continue to discuss "infraction" related stuff behind closed doors. What you don't know won't hurt ME.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »