Home

My one last question about this year's Madden 10

This is a discussion on My one last question about this year's Madden 10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2009, 09:49 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: My one last question about this year's Madden 10

I have my answer to the question btw.

It isn't that Josh thinks there should only be progression/regression during the offseason.

If you want to see what Josh thinks progression should look like go play Head Coach 09.

In Head Coach 09 players progress/regress EVERY GAME, actually I think they even progress between games. That will be the future of Madden it is just to bad we couldn't have that THIS year.

There just wasn't enough time to change the coding with everything else he had to fix. That is the answer.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:55 PM   #18
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
You have it part right.

Players REGRESS during the season. This is usually due to injuries, themselves or other players on their team which effect their play. Or just poor play.

That isn't going to happen with the current system btw. All progression AND regression occurs during the offseason.

AND

Players PROGRESS. You want to use the Bears as an example. Orton last year REGRESSED the second half of the season due to injury. Hester PROGRESSED during the season because he was getting used to running routes, reading the defense, and got hit timing down IN GAME.

Another Bears example Rashied Davis, during off season he worked his *** off, he looked great in practice, coaches were raving about him, he even got a long term contract extension because of it. The second he got out of the practice (including the preseason because it is practice as well) he looked like crap. He didn't play well until the last few games. So, what happened to all his practice?

Yeah, players need to know the playbook, yeah players need to stay fit, year players need to work out of game experience. But all that work doesn't always pan out in ACTUAL GAME. Some players make break throughs during the offseason, some players ALSO MAKE THE DURING THE SEASON.

Watch every bit off footage, interviews, ect. during the preason and you will hear nothing but the vets saying well the rookies have to wait until a game so see the REAL GAME speed. Actual games EVERYONE is just moving faster then they ever would in "practice".

I am not saying people shouldn't progress during the offseason BUT to say they only progress during the offseason is just foolish.
Where did I EVER say that. Here is what I said about progression

"Bottom line is I feel most of the progression should be in the offseason but I will agree that some should progress during the season."

Hester struggled in the beginning of the season because he got hurt in the 2nd game of the season so he was nursing his injury. Also you could credit his production due to the fact he no longer was on kick off returns.

Also Rashied Davis signed a 3 year deal and they signed him because he contributes a lot on special teams. He made some nice plays but you're right he played like crap most of the season. But why didn't he improve since he played in all 16 games last season? Isn't that your argument is you improve with game experience?
Old 07-01-2009, 09:55 PM   #19
Rookie

Head Hawg's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm glad they updated this.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:24 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy316
Where did I EVER say that. Here is what I said about progression

"Bottom line is I feel most of the progression should be in the offseason but I will agree that some should progress during the season."

Hester struggled in the beginning of the season because he got hurt in the 2nd game of the season so he was nursing his injury. Also you could credit his production due to the fact he no longer was on kick off returns.

Also Rashied Davis signed a 3 year deal and they signed him because he contributes a lot on special teams. He made some nice plays but you're right he played like crap most of the season. But why didn't he improve since he played in all 16 games last season? Isn't that your argument is you improve with game experience?
Well I must have misunderstood you. In either case, we still don't agree. I think it will and should be game to game progression/regression. Based on practice, game play, and health.

I disagree with the Hester take also. I feel he doesn't digest the position well and needs real game experience.

Again, with Davis, Wolfe contributes more on ST then he does. He played well the previous year in the slot, and played exceptionally well in practice. Plues, Lovie and Turner had some man love for him. They were talking about him last year like he was going to be a number 2 or 3 WR. I personally feel Lloyd (when healthy) is a better WR.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:39 PM   #21
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
Well I must have misunderstood you. In either case, we still don't agree. I think it will and should be game to game progression/regression. Based on practice, game play, and health.

I disagree with the Hester take also. I feel he doesn't digest the position well and needs real game experience.

Again, with Davis, Wolfe contributes more on ST then he does. He played well the previous year in the slot, and played exceptionally well in practice. Plues, Lovie and Turner had some man love for him. They were talking about him last year like he was going to be a number 2 or 3 WR. I personally feel Lloyd (when healthy) is a better WR.
Well he always showed flashes of brilliance (winning td catch against Minn in 06, catch to set up winning fg against Seattle in playoffs in 06, and what should have been the winning td catch against Atlanta this year), he just hasn't put it all together because he really isn't that good. It's kind of like he has reached his potential. Also he was 5th in special team tackles last year and in 06 contributed on kick off returns. He is one of those role players teams like to have. I also thought Lloyd was a better receiver just couldn't stay healthy. Now one argument I could say is last season was his best season in the NFL so in a way he had improved through the offseason.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »