Home

A good example of gang tackling @ work.

This is a discussion on A good example of gang tackling @ work. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2009, 04:08 AM   #17
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: A good example of gang tackling @ work.

Yea it looking real good at this point. I can't wait until the demo comes out mid july for the people who reserved madden 10 already.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:33 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan54matt
lol but you have to say that is a bit pathetic ... the player has a pole under his shirt keeping him from leaning forward .. lol but i like this game over all..
i dont know about you but when im sprinting down field i'm pretty much straight up, the only problem is when the players are accelerating or getting through the hole they are still straight up, they should have a low center of gravity especially hitting the hole.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:37 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 12

The running animation still looks ROBOTIC Though
Old 06-28-2009, 11:23 AM   #20
MVP

jclentzthadon's Arena

OVR: 15

Man that is awesome! The whole thing...

Funny to see/read where people are whining. I get amused by it

Ain't noboyd catching jacobs with a 10 yard lead with him already running top speed and only running about 50 yards...Not sure what football some people have played or watched in real life...
Old 06-28-2009, 12:35 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopizzle34
i really think I'm tired of reading posts that say this is bad and this is horrible and people haven't even played the game. I'm just waiting to play the game to see if this stuff is warranted or are people just bored and not patient and have nothing else better to do that to dissect an alpha build of Madden 10 and not the finished product.

I am excited for Pro tak and even though I think the hits could be a little more violent and hard,I am stoked of this new innovation in Madden.Can't wait to see Lendale piled on in my franchise!
I thought the reason they showed us these videos was so we could critique them and help devs improve upon it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2009, 01:23 PM   #22
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

At least it's Brandon Jacobs bowling through tacklers and not Darren Sproles.

My only critique would be that either the running backs just fall straight down or they break it for 50+ yrds. I would like to see them break the tackle more often but the force of the hit still makes them fall to the ground.

[doHTML][/doHTML]
Old 06-28-2009, 01:39 PM   #23
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Heres another example of what I mean watch at 1:06...

[doHTML][/doHTML]

Mike Sellers doesn't really break free of the pile, he carries the pile down the field and when he finally gets free his momentum forces him to the ground. I haven't really seen this.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:56 PM   #24
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
I thought the reason they showed us these videos was so we could critique them and help devs improve upon it.
True but we don't really know when this video was so we don't know what all has been fixed and what still needs to be worked on. Also there is a huge difference between critiquing the videos and just straight up bashing it.

I personally think it looks good. Sure the running could look more fluent but I will take the current running animation considering they have added/fixed a lot of things and I don't think we know all the details yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »