Home

Ineligable WR downfield?

This is a discussion on Ineligable WR downfield? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2009, 08:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Ineligable WR downfield?

Hey Guys just wondering your thoughts on this I think it would help with the QB running around from sideline to sideline or dropping 15 20 yards back. For example if you are taking to long to throw the ball and scrambling eventually a lineman is going to get caught downfield blocking I would like to see if they could incorporate this in the game one day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2009, 09:28 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Ineligable WR downfield?

They need to get other things corrected before this..This might be for 2015 or so..
Old 06-28-2009, 10:36 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

it was in 2k5
Old 06-28-2009, 11:28 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apologize
They need to get other things corrected before this..This might be for 2015 or so..
If Madden needs to fix anything it's the gameplay and this thread is about gameplay. Illegal man downfield should've been part of the game awhile ago, not 2015.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:42 AM   #5
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre100672
Hey Guys just wondering your thoughts on this I think it would help with the QB running around from sideline to sideline or dropping 15 20 yards back. For example if you are taking to long to throw the ball and scrambling eventually a lineman is going to get caught downfield blocking I would like to see if they could incorporate this in the game one day.
Yeah, I was kinda thinking the same thing a few years ago. I suggested this to one of the devs over on EA forums, but got no response. I guess since Ian comes here now, I should maybe ask about it again. The problem was that guys would get fast Qb''s and just sprint back on screens and if no one was open, they would throw it to the screen player. That's not very realistic at all. They would hold onto the ball for a ridiculous amount of time while doing screens and my suggestion was to have the lineman get called for illegal man downfield if they took too long to throw the screen pass. Well, as you can see, people are still doing that. It would be cool if they could combine our two suggestions to make the game more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2009, 12:02 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

with some of the tweaks you should not see people running back with their qb successfully. I agree that this would be a good addition but at this point A lot more work needs to be done on the O/D lineman interaction. Even if they programmed in the rule I doubt any O lineman would actually go downfield. I have never seen a lineman down field on a passing play until well after it was thrown. I would rather have the ability to double team certain Dlineman and/or to see the 3-4 defence work correctly where the 3 lineman actually take up more than 3 blockers.

To each his own but very good post

Old 06-28-2009, 01:40 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsoftking
it was in 2k5
I've asked several questions both on twitter and on this board about real penalties that were in nfl 2k5. I created a couple of threads but none of them were answered. I also wanted to see illegal contact (which was also in that other game). Not having real penalties really can detract from the game. I'm willing to bet that they probably couldn't get to the penalties this year. It won't kill the game, but I would really like to see the real NFL penalties in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »