Home

NFL Fever 2004's innovative passing"read and lead"Madden should adopt sumthin similar

This is a discussion on NFL Fever 2004's innovative passing"read and lead"Madden should adopt sumthin similar within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2009, 02:51 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: NFL Fever 2004's innovative passing"read and lead"Madden should adopt sumthin sim

Dumb. Don't like it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2009, 03:12 PM   #66
MVP

cam21224's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NFL Fever 2004's innovative passing"read and lead"Madden should adopt sumthin sim

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyscowboys
People who won't want to incorporate something like this or the vision cone simply don't want to because of the added skill involved.
I totally agree with you.

That vid just brought back some good memories.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:37 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 6

we all should blame the NFL

i personal will buy NFL fever 2010 because of these feature , but i cant because the NFL. people who like 2k should buy 2k people who love madden should buy madden. we all dont have to stick to madden because we have no choice. i never had about these but i love these feature.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:22 PM   #68
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Whenever NFL Fever 2004 is mentioned, fans bring up Read and Lead Passing? How come no one talks about the other option they had available: "Trigger Passing"? This to me felt very natural (using the button icons to select a receiver and pulling the right trigger to pass). It could be pretty cool if they could have the quarterback's body move naturally in accordance to what receiver he's looking at.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:12 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyscowboys
People who won't want to incorporate something like this or the vision cone simply don't want to because of the added skill involved.
+10000, 100% true, no disagreement here. I don't want this incorporated because of the added "skill" involved. I feel that the playcalling and decision making should be the only things that my skill effects.

Any system like this is can be perfected to make any qb as good as there arm strength will allow similar to how the current kicking system allows any kicker with good leg strength to be a perfect kicker. In my opinion there really needs to be more differentiating qbs based on ratings and less based on stick skills.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:13 PM   #70
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Whenever NFL Fever 2004 is mentioned, fans bring up Read and Lead Passing? How come no one talks about the other option they had available: "Trigger Passing"? This to me felt very natural (using the button icons to select a receiver and pulling the right trigger to pass). It could be pretty cool if they could have the quarterback's body move naturally in accordance to what receiver he's looking at.
Don't forget about in game saves.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:17 PM   #71
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

OOO Read N Lead how i miss you. This feature was definitly something innovate that should of been expanded upon with other football games. It really put pressure on you because you didn't have much time to throw the ball, so you had to make a good read and lead pass . Once you got use to the system it was great. It had its faults because sometimes the AI reciever would speed or slow down for no apparent reason.

Madden did something like this on the ps2 as well, but it wasn't as detailed and unique. However i'm not sure how they can incorporate it in Madden now when thier trying to get away from icons and things on the field
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2009, 06:39 PM   #72
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
For me the answer is I liked R&L and used it over the trigger.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »