Home

Will there be an update at release time?

This is a discussion on Will there be an update at release time? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2009, 10:39 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Will there be an update at release time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Frazier_EA
Last year you could only download the latest roster by connecting to another player and hitting team select (basically by starting to play another person). This year you can go into the depth chart screen and if you don't have the latest, it will prompt you to download.
That is great news. I always feel like a rump roast when I have to quit on people when I just want an update. I've wondered what the reasoning was.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:10 PM   #18
Pro

Quote:
There *may* be a workaround for this with Madden 10. The Gold vs. Silver thing is controlled by MS and basically says you can't let folks on silver 'play' with other gamers. Last year you could only download the latest roster by connecting to another player and hitting team select (basically by starting to play another person). This year you can go into the depth chart screen and if you don't have the latest, it will prompt you to download.

I can't try this here because I'm not hitting the appropriate servers but I would guess that you will be able to download the roster by simply going into the depth chart screen. This would be a great accidental feature.

Phil
Many thanks Phil !
Old 07-01-2009, 01:18 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 14

Thanks Phil for that......but can you say whether or not a roster update will take place?

We have a pretty good Online Franchise set up and was wondering if say Thrash was off of the Redskins, Jansen is now on the Lolions, Dre Bly is on the 9ers, Rodney Harrison is retired - these sort of things
Old 08-14-2009, 08:42 AM   #20
Pro

Quote:
There *may* be a workaround for this with Madden 10. The Gold vs. Silver thing is controlled by MS and basically says you can't let folks on silver 'play' with other gamers. Last year you could only download the latest roster by connecting to another player and hitting team select (basically by starting to play another person). This year you can go into the depth chart screen and if you don't have the latest, it will prompt you to download.

I can't try this here because I'm not hitting the appropriate servers but I would guess that you will be able to download the roster by simply going into the depth chart screen. This would be a great accidental feature.

Phil
Need to bump this, as it's now highly appropriate.....waits in anticipation....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »